[HELP]Update to DN3 v5 (4.4.2)

Search This thread

darkn3ss88

Jan 24, 2014
Hello! Today i wanted to update to the new 4.4.2 ROM from E-team (DN3 v5). So after i format data, system, internal sd, wipe cache and dalvik cache, i install the new rom. No problem, when the install is finished i wipe cache/dalvik cache and i reboot. After that i'm stuck on boot (samsung logo). Can anyone tell me what did i do wrong? Before updating i had DN3 v3.2 and i had no problems.
P.S. I am using the latest TWRP Recovery.

dreamertr

Jul 19, 2010
Hi. I suggest you to format the internal storage with TWRP Recovery. This is a full wipe procedure. After that install the ROM again and reboot. If that does not work check your bootloaders version. Reinstall the boot loader or install a never one. But first try the first step.

Good luck...

Sent from my SM-N9000Q using Tapatalk

darkn3ss88

Jan 24, 2014
Thanks for the reply! I already formatted internal storage when i installed it. I don't understand the thing with these bootloaders. How can I check which version i'm on?

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Thanks for the reply! I already formatted internal storage when i installed it. I don't understand the thing with these bootloaders. How can I check which version i'm on?
Switch to philz ,re do all the wipes for your internal sd card by clicking on "wipe to install a new rom" and wipe cache/partition and by going under advance wipe dalvik cache as well.Flash your rom then. You can switch to philz from twrp by flashing the philz.zip file from here just transfer the zip file to your external sd via card reader and just reboot into your recovery.if you dont have a card reader on you then you can flash philz .tar file in download mode via pc odin.

Philz

Reactions: darkn3ss88

myk1709

Nov 21, 2013
delhi
Hello! Today i wanted to update to the new 4.4.2 ROM from E-team (DN3 v5). So after i format data, system, internal sd, wipe cache and dalvik cache, i install the new rom. No problem, when the install is finished i wipe cache/dalvik cache and i reboot. After that i'm stuck on boot (samsung logo). Can anyone tell me what did i do wrong? Before updating i had DN3 v3.2 and i had no problems.
P.S. I am using the latest TWRP Recovery.

do you have the latest TWRP?
if not then you need to update it is has to 2.7.0.0 or above

darkn3ss88

Jan 24, 2014
do you have the latest TWRP?
if not then you need to update it is has to 2.7.0.0 or above

I already tried with the latest TWRP but didn't manage to get it working.

Switch to philz ,re do all the wipes for your internal sd card by clicking on "wipe to install a new rom" and wipe cache/partition and by going under advance wipe dalvik cache as well.Flash your rom then. You can switch to philz from twrp by flashing the philz.zip file from here just transfer the zip file to your external sd via card reader and just reboot into your recovery.if you dont have a card reader on you then you can flash philz .tar file in download mode via pc odin.

Philz

I just installed the latest philz and bang, it worked! Before installing latest TWRP i had an older version of philz (5.x) and maybe that was the problem. Thanks man, thanks a lot for your help! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Philz