Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] change apn

Tip us?

wolff0370
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] change apn

I recently bought 2 - Verizon Samsung galaxy s3's. I coverted both of them to straight talk and the one phone I have absolutely no problems with. Mobile data is a little slow but from what I've read that's pretty common. I followed the exact same steps for the second phone and I cannot get the mobile data to work. When I go in to change and create a new apn I CAN"T. It should have the LTE-Verizon apn grayed out and then I should be able to create the new apn but NOTHING shows up. No LTE-Verizon apn and it doesn't give me the option to create a new apn.

How can I change the apn on this phone so that I can use the mobile data?

Do I have to root this phone?

If I root it do I have to unlock the bootloader in order to root it?

Is there a way to change the apn settings and create a new apn without rooting or unlocking the bootloader?

simpson173
Old
(Last edited by simpson173; 8th May 2014 at 04:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
J
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolff0370 View Post
I recently bought 2 - Verizon Samsung galaxy s3's. I coverted both of them to straight talk and the one phone I have absolutely no problems with. Mobile data is a little slow but from what I've read that's pretty common. I followed the exact same steps for the second phone and I cannot get the mobile data to work. When I go in to change and create a new apn I CAN"T. It should have the LTE-Verizon apn grayed out and then I should be able to create the new apn but NOTHING shows up. No LTE-Verizon apn and it doesn't give me the option to create a new apn.

How can I change the apn on this phone so that I can use the mobile data?

Do I have to root this phone?

If I root it do I have to unlock the bootloader in order to root it?

Is there a way to change the apn settings and create a new apn without rooting or unlocking the bootloader?
Do you have a simm in both phones? You need to to have them the same.
Once you install a simm you should be able to do what you want.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wolff0370
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpson173 View Post
J

Do you have a simm in both phones? You need to to have them the same.
Once you install a simm you should be able to do what you want.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
yes I do and both phones can make calls. I need to find a way to change the apn on the one phone. It only shows a restore to default when I hit the menu button. Verizon - lte greyed out apn isn't there either