Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 49,122 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Random Reboots and hangs on Samsung Logo on Galaxy Note LTE

Tip us?

cybergurken
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] Random Reboots and hangs on Samsung Logo on Galaxy Note LTE

Good day all

I bought this device from a seller of eBay (from USA), I am in South Africa

I had to network unlock this device, and it all ran perfect, no issues whatsoever

Recently I have noticed my device doing random reboots, once every day(literally), it will reboot when I take it off from charging or when I press pwer button to wake up. After reboot, it will show the Glowing Samsung Logo, and just stay there continueously.

To fix this, I need to do a factory reset, or just clear the Data partition then it works fine again.
This happens at random, so every day I need to reinstall all the apps, it is such a pain, and obviously something is wrong...
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy Note LTE (i717)
  • ROM: Blackstar Blackjelly 4.1.2
  • Baseband: I717 UCMD3
  • Recovery: TWRP (latest v.)

Just for the record, ,it all started happening recently, the first time it happened, I was browsing 9gag using the app, then my device rebooted in my hand while scrolling, agter going to recovery, my sdcard and internal sdcard has been formated, and all internal partitions has been formated to....

I have no idea what is causing this but I am pretty sure it is not the rom, since I have had this rom for a while now...

BachMinuetInG
Old
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
What kernel do you use, and can you take a logcat?

(To take a logcat, enable ADB, plug in your device to your computer, and run adb logcat from the Android SDK. You can grab that here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html?hl=sk )
Nokia 7260 > Nokia 3120 Classic > Sony Ericsson G700 Business Edition > Nokia X2-01 > Samsung Galaxy Mini > SONY Xperia Arc S > Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i > Samsung Galaxy Note N7005 > Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 > Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 > NO.1 N3 > Elephone P10c

cybergurken
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BachMinuetInG View Post
What kernel do you use, and can you take a logcat?

(To take a logcat, enable ADB, plug in your device to your computer, and run adb logcat from the Android SDK. You can grab that here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html?hl=sk )
after running the logcat with "
Code:
adb logcat > logcat.txt
" for just more than 2 hours, i stopped it...it is 1250kb, see attached, it is compresssed in a zip file
p.s. Im quite positive it shouldnt take that long

any help would really help!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip logcat.zip - [Click for QR Code] (86.7 KB, 3 views)
Tags
hangs on boot, random rebooting, random rebooting issue, reboot 4.1.2 daily