Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,379 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

USA GSM

Tip us?

DREWHAMM974
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 581

DONATE TO ME
Default USA GSM

I flashed Omni today and just because I was bored downloaded Telinfo and popped my straight talk sim in. Booted up, switched to Lte/gsm auto, added the APN and BAM it worked. Nothing else, no build prop mod, nothing. No LTE though just H+ but it worked great. Anyone know why it worked as soon as I installed? Clean install BTW.

juanacevedo
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I've seen people say this also works with the CM11 nightlies and PA for our LS980. It's very annoying how we have to get through such hurdles to get gsm working on stock roms though because clearly we can use US GSM features on our ls980s but sprint and lgs software is making it painful.

DREWHAMM974
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 581

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanacevedo View Post
I've seen people say this also works with the CM11 nightlies and PA for our LS980. It's very annoying how we have to get through such hurdles to get gsm working on stock roms though because clearly we can use US GSM features on our ls980s but sprint and lgs software is making it painful.
I'll be buying out of contract next month and in going to ask Sprint to unlock it for me after I do. I seriously doubt they will but don't understand why they wouldn't it you were no longer on contact for them.

LordLugard
Old
Thanks Meter 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREWHAMM974 View Post
I'll be buying out of contract next month and in going to ask Sprint to unlock it for me after I do. I seriously doubt they will but don't understand why they wouldn't it you were no longer on contact for them.

But by default, Sprint's unlock is only to use on international GSM networks, they still lock out local GSM carriers. You might as well use the tricks/mods etc folks are currently using at the moment to unlock for USA GSM carriers.
Previous mistresses:
Epic Touch (Galaxy)
Nexus S 4G
Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S2)
Galaxy S3
Galaxy Note 2
LG G2 (Current)

abhinav.tella
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREWHAMM974 View Post
As long as device is on contract for at least 90 days they will unlock, I just applied for it, but its only unlocked for international use.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LG G2
LS980 (Sprint)
(Stock ZVC Rom)
Past Devices: HTC Butterfly, HTC One X - Tegra 3, LG Nitro HD, LG G2x, Samsung Vibrant, Samsung Galaxy 3, Nokia 5800, Motorola Razr Maxx, Palm Treo 650

bykim5
Old
Thanks Meter 38
yeah use the guides here..im on Tmobile right now on my LS980.. gonna go back to Ting prob around winter

joseuniv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bykim5 View Post
yeah use the guides here..im on Tmobile right now on my LS980.. gonna go back to Ting prob around winter
Can you refer to the procedure you take to be on tmobile. I will be getting my ls980 soon and I would like to use it on tmobile. I have heard about CWM11 and Justin but just want to know which one worked for you. Thanks!