Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,613 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AIO VZW M8 Developer Resource Thread

Tip us?
 
russellvone
Old
#31  
russellvone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 801
Posts: 1,612
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Longview

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Caffery View Post
Yes, I have the name right. I even tried changing the name of the file (and changing the name in the cmd of course), yet still no luck.. Just in case it matters, I am using a Mac...
could you post the readout from your command prompt?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

like from start to finish

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
 
Dwight Caffery
Old
#32  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 40
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellvone View Post
could you post the readout from your command prompt?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

like from start to finish

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
error: cannot open 'recovery.img'

That's it. My device is connected, because when I do fastboot devices, i get
FA43ASF00049 fastboot
 
Tigerstown
Old
#33  
Tigerstown's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 449
Posts: 1,379
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Detroit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Caffery View Post
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
error: cannot open 'recovery.img'

That's it. My device is connected, because when I do fastboot devices, i get
FA43ASF00049 fastboot
I've seen this before for window users. I just throwing this out for you to try. When you rename a file in Windows in auto adds extension to know file. So if you renamed it to recovery.img it could really be recovery.img.img. I know it's like that when you rename a zip file in Windows. Try either re download it an not rename it an just flash or rename your current file just recovery an try that with regular commands

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
sent from my 4.1ghz 8 core AMD unlocked fx black editon beast machine running win8.1/ubuntu12.04
 
Dwight Caffery
Old
#34  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 40
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstown View Post
I've seen this before for window users. I just throwing this out for you to try. When you rename a file in Windows in auto adds extension to know file. So if you renamed it to recovery.img it could really be recovery.img.img. I know it's like that when you rename a zip file in Windows. Try either re download it an not rename it an just flash or rename your current file just recovery an try that with regular commands

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yeah, I've tried re-downloading it with no luck...
 
Dwight Caffery
Old
(Last edited by Dwight Caffery; 29th April 2014 at 06:01 AM.)
#35  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 40
Join Date: Apr 2014


The recovery.img is in the platform-tools.. and I have tried re-downloading it.. Im really not sure what the problem is

EDIT: Im also not sure what the pipe properties error is about.. I don't think that was happening before, but I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT: Ok, I guess I'm good. I just did it again, this time using a different usb cable and a different usb port. Weird, but it appears to have worked. Thanks all who helped.
 
tim.ton
Old
#36  
tim.ton's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 84
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Grand Rapids
I am trying to do this and I keep getting "error: cannot open 'boot.img'"

any ideas?
Phone: HTC One M8 - vzw
 
russellvone
Old
#37  
russellvone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 801
Posts: 1,612
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Longview

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.ton View Post
I am trying to do this and I keep getting "error: cannot open 'boot.img'"

any ideas?
copy and paste ALL of the commands. start to finish

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
 
teddyearp
Old
#38  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 150
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.ton View Post
I am trying to do this and I keep getting "error: cannot open 'boot.img'"

any ideas?
As the previous poster asked, post ALL the commands so we know how to solve for this bolded in your quote.
Motorola A855 files
Samsung SCH-I515 files
Motorola XT907 files
HTC One M8 files
read more, post less
My philosophy is that he with the biggest sig is the biggest foolio. But with that said, unfortunately I am getting there as well.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes