Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,727,987 Members 46,078 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Game] NCube released into the wild

Tip us?

kylefinn002
Old
(Last edited by kylefinn002; 13th May 2014 at 11:00 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Game] NCube released into the wild

NCube is a simple rubik's cube app. 2x2x2 - 10x10x10. Can save/load cubes. Has a relatively straight-forward multi-touch interface (and a single-touch only mode). Free, no adds, minimal permissions. APK is a tiny 22KB too.

It seemed to be well-liked when it was in the android market (about 20k downloads and 4.7 / 5 rating).

A week shy of a year ago, the google play store yanked it on behalf of Rubik's for "trademark infringement". Curious, because the top rubik's cube apps are still full of apps actually using "Rubik" in the name while mine did not.

Anyhow, I've long since moved on (I originally wrote it in 16 hours, so not too invested), but recently some one suggested I just release the APK for anyone who really wants it to have. So here it is: NCube free download.

Also, If I'm not using XDA correctly, let me know. I'm new here.

Version 125: old UI with single-touch multi-touch modes, and circle menus.
Version 131: android-menu based UI with single mode optimized for multi-touch and supports up to 20x20x20 cubes.

-Kyle Finn
Attached Files
File Type: apk NCube_125.apk - [Click for QR Code] (22.3 KB, 201 views)
File Type: apk NCube_131.apk - [Click for QR Code] (22.8 KB, 71 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kylefinn002 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

weapsalot
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Easy to install and best apk out there for cubes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylefinn002 View Post
NCube is a simple rubik's cube app. 2x2x2 - 10x10x10. Can save/load cubes. Has a relatively straight-forward multi-touch interface (and a single-touch only mode). Free, no adds, minimal permissions. APK is a tiny 22KB too.

It seemed to be well-liked when it was in the android market (about 20k downloads and 4.7 / 5 rating).

A week shy of a year ago, the google play store yanked it on behalf of Rubik's for "trademark infringement". Curious, because the top rubik's cube apps are still full of apps actually using "Rubik" in the name while mine did not.

Anyhow, I've long since moved on (I originally wrote it in 16 hours, so not too invested), but recently some one suggested I just release the APK for anyone who really wants it to have. So here it is: NCube free download.

Also, If I'm not using XDA correctly, let me know. I'm new here.

-Kyle Finn
I was one of those 20k. I broke my phone that had Ncube from the Playstore on it and by the time I had it replaced I couldn't find it anymore. Thanks for ending my hunt. Also all I did to install is downloaded straight to internal storage and allowed a one time install from third party request. Nothing else and the apk works fine. N900A...

HPferoxCraft
Old
Thanks Meter 112
That is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

weapsalot
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default request from fan

Hi Kyle,

Is there any chance that a Ncube with more than a 10x10x10 option will ever see light? I would love to try higher order cubes using your pretty cool app. I would even offer to pay you.

Seriously,

Sam

kylefinn002
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default working on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by weapsalot View Post
Hi Kyle,

Is there any chance that a Ncube with more than a 10x10x10 option will ever see light? I would love to try higher order cubes using your pretty cool app. I would even offer to pay you.

Seriously,

Sam
I've been meaning to clean up the UI for a while - probably using the standard android options menu. I could add up to 20x20x20 while I'm at it. I'll reply again when I've got something.

-Kyle

kylefinn002
Old
(Last edited by kylefinn002; 13th May 2014 at 03:57 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Here's an apk. I fear it could get very laggy for larger cubes - which would take a bit more time for me to fix. Any feedback is welcome.

1.31: Tested on Galaxy S3. Fixed move-count after scrambling and fixed rotation glitch when transitioning from single-to-multitouch.

-Kyle
Attached Files
File Type: apk NCube_131.apk - [Click for QR Code] (22.8 KB, 0 views)