Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can someone test this AppCache website out in IE?

OP nazoraios

10th May 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

29 posts
I have a website that uses AppCache and I would like to know if the IE engine in Windows Phone 8/8.1 supports AppCache/Local Storage/IndexedDB.

It's more of a scripting IDE than a web page and if it works correctly it will store about 5 megs of web files into an AppCache so it could work offline. You would probably need to delete/clean internet files if you want to get rid of that.

The web page is at :
http://www.obeliskos.com/TridentSandbox

At the top left (if it works correctly) you will see status for LS (local storage), IDB (indexedDB), and AC (AppCache) ... the appcache should show downloading and then idle.

Can someone test and let me know what the status information of LS/IDB/AC are.... or if you use it, how well it works? There's a samples browser button (second from right under help) if it lets you load all the samples.

Thanks
11th May 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,785

5,870 posts
More
LS/IDB/AC all work great! WP8, IE10. Haven't had a chance to really play with it yet, but you will probably want to make it more mobile-friendly. We don't have meta-keys on the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

29 posts
hah, your all over this forum and once again with good info, thanks!

Yea I was thinking of using it just as a viewer to run prg files created on tablet/desktop and saved to skydrive. I think xbox one IE also fully supports and that has skydrive and possibly keyboard/mouse as well. I guess it might be good cross-platform for simple user programs.

Looks like I have a reason to upgrade my phone sometime soon now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

LS/IDB/AC all work great! WP8, IE10. Haven't had a chance to really play with it yet, but you will probably want to make it more mobile-friendly. We don't have meta-keys on the phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread