Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,747 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can someone test this AppCache website out in IE?

Tip us?

nazoraios
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Question [Q] Can someone test this AppCache website out in IE?

I have a website that uses AppCache and I would like to know if the IE engine in Windows Phone 8/8.1 supports AppCache/Local Storage/IndexedDB.

It's more of a scripting IDE than a web page and if it works correctly it will store about 5 megs of web files into an AppCache so it could work offline. You would probably need to delete/clean internet files if you want to get rid of that.

The web page is at :
http://www.obeliskos.com/TridentSandbox

At the top left (if it works correctly) you will see status for LS (local storage), IDB (indexedDB), and AC (AppCache) ... the appcache should show downloading and then idle.

Can someone test and let me know what the status information of LS/IDB/AC are.... or if you use it, how well it works? There's a samples browser button (second from right under help) if it lets you load all the samples.

Thanks

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
LS/IDB/AC all work great! WP8, IE10. Haven't had a chance to really play with it yet, but you will probably want to make it more mobile-friendly. We don't have meta-keys on the phone.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nazoraios
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
hah, your all over this forum and once again with good info, thanks!

Yea I was thinking of using it just as a viewer to run prg files created on tablet/desktop and saved to skydrive. I think xbox one IE also fully supports and that has skydrive and possibly keyboard/mouse as well. I guess it might be good cross-platform for simple user programs.

Looks like I have a reason to upgrade my phone sometime soon now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
LS/IDB/AC all work great! WP8, IE10. Haven't had a chance to really play with it yet, but you will probably want to make it more mobile-friendly. We don't have meta-keys on the phone.