Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Auto-dimming bug

OP swy05

10th May 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Great phone but, it appears to be a bug with the screen dimming.

Regarding settings, I have everything turned off. Adapt display is off. Auto-brightness is off. Auto-adjust screen tone is off also.

I know Samsung displays dim if the phone overheats but my phone will auto-dim even if the phone is cool.

What I've found out is that the phone will only dim "permanently" when the screen is about to shut off.

For example: Set the screen shut off to 30 seconds and around the 28 second mark, the screen will dim for a couple of seconds before it shuts off. This is where the auto-dimming will "permanently" kick in. When the screen dims at the 28 second mark for a second, i'll touch the screen so it doesn't shut off. But by this time, the screen has dimmed already and won't go back to the regular brightness. I have to lock and unlock the phone for the dimmed screen to go away.

This scenario has happened every single time. Extremely annoying.

Anyone else experience this?
10th May 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #2  
GodXen's Avatar
Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 11
 
71 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by swy05

Great phone but, it appears to be a bug with the screen dimming.

Regarding settings, I have everything turned off. Adapt display is off. Auto-brightness is off. Auto-adjust screen tone is off also.

I know Samsung displays dim if the phone overheats but my phone will auto-dim even if the phone is cool.

What I've found out is that the phone will only dim "permanently" when the screen is about to shut off.

For example: Set the screen shut off to 30 seconds and around the 28 second mark, the screen will dim for a couple of seconds before it shuts off. This is where the auto-dimming will "permanently" kick in. When the screen dims at the 28 second mark for a second, i'll touch the screen so it doesn't shut off. But by this time, the screen has dimmed already and won't go back to the regular brightness. I have to lock and unlock the phone for the dimmed screen to go away.

This scenario has happened every single time. Extremely annoying.

Anyone else experience this?

Seems like software problem, do you use custom roms? kernels? maybe any app that could control ur screen? try to do hard reset.
10th May 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodXen

Seems like software problem, do you use custom roms? kernels? maybe any app that could control ur screen? try to do hard reset.

Using stock Kit-Kat 4.4.2

No other strange apps. Ughh hate to have to do a hard reset. Just set this thing up yesterday brand new.
11th May 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #4  
acerdroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 94
 
387 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Have the exact same issue but it only happens some times very strange.
12th May 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by acerdroid

Have the exact same issue but it only happens some times very strange.

Yes, same here. It happens alot. Not every single time, but alot of the times.
Last edited by swy05; 12th May 2014 at 12:41 AM.
12th May 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 4
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Lightbulb Try this...
Hi

As the other user said it might be the software bug.
Please try this app. Disable your auto brightness and install this software https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...assisi.luxlite
This lite version is free. Try this. If everything works, you may consider the paid version to support the dev guy...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes