Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 36,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help bootloading stock Xoom to Root to kit kat

Tip us?

Silent Assasin
Old
(Last edited by Silent Assasin; 11th May 2014 at 05:26 AM.) Reason: more data
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help bootloading stock Xoom to Root to kit kat

I have read all types of forums to Reboot Bootloader. Yeah, I know stuck at the beginning, not a good sign.Any way I went to Developer.android and got SDK. Followed various suggestions and have it on machine. However the windows 7 won't recognize device. I downloaded Motorola Device Manager for the drivers (I beleive this may be the issue) and it found no updates. I have debugged checked on Xoom, but jellybean icon shows up intermittently. When I type in CMD prompt to adb reboot bootloader, it doesn't recognize the device.

Other CMD commands suggested during instruction video worked verifying I had ADB installed coirrectly. I checked the device in control panel and it is unidentfied.Device properties has this error" Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Please, can someone assist. I think that I need the drivers, but the motorola Device manager is the only tool I can find and I dont think it has the drivers, I could be wrong, but this is what I'm guessing.

Silent Assasin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok. I found online that the new USB 3.0 has issues with this process. I plugged into a 2.0 USB and I'm in business. I've gone through unlocking. Now I can't locate the Universal Xoom Root Zip. All tutorial links that I could find go to a link that no longer has the file. can someone point me in the right direction or send me a link to the file- Thanks for the help

Silent Assasin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok status update. I was able to find the file and have successfully Rooted. The question, now is I restarted and I have an Green Android robot on my screen with Tiamat engraved on front stomach area. I believe I was in recovery last. IS the Xoom doing anything in the background. I don't want to interrupt something if it is running. I have downloaded BiGPART and Omni 4.4 components but I seem to be stuck

Silent Assasin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wow... Not one response. I was able to figure it out and now am the owner of 4.4