Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 40,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't find ANY wifi networks anymore?

Tip us?

SpencerWeiss
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Can't find ANY wifi networks anymore?

Its been about 2 weeks now and I am still having this problem. One day while I was a school I felt my phone really hot in my pocket. and it was off. When I truened it back on the battery was only 20% and then I could not find any wifi networks. It used to work for about 30 seconds when I restarted the phone, but now it does not even do that. Any help?! This is pretty bad.

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27,450

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerWeiss View Post
Its been about 2 weeks now and I am still having this problem. One day while I was a school I felt my phone really hot in my pocket. and it was off. When I truened it back on the battery was only 20% and then I could not find any wifi networks. It used to work for about 30 seconds when I restarted the phone, but now it does not even do that. Any help?! This is pretty bad.
Are you rooted? Can you flash a ROM?

SpencerWeiss
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan View Post
Are you rooted? Can you flash a ROM?

I am rooted, but I don't think that I can flash a custom rom because my phone is flashed to cricket and they said don't do system updates/factory resets.

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27,450

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I am rooted, but I don't think that I can flash a custom rom because my phone is flashed to cricket and they said don't do system updates/factory resets.
Try flashing your modem over again then

SpencerWeiss
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan View Post
Try flashing your modem over again then

Sorry, but whats a modem and where can I download it?

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27,450

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Sorry, but whats a modem and where can I download it?
A modem is what controls your phones communication with the internet and voice and data... Pretty important. Go to Settings/About Phone and flash the one that matches the last four characters in your Baseband (like GB27 for example)-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1764210

Surj138
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Flashing a custom ROM or doing a factory reset won't mess with your cricket flash, although you will have to follow directions in this thread to get back working MMS and 3g (if you flash an AOSP or CM-based ROM... 3g should work out of the box on stock-based).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1649508

Before you do anything, though, I would read read and READ some more. Not to sound rude, but you don't wanna dig yourself into a bigger hole just because you don't know what you're doing. And I'd be glad to help if you need it [emoji2]

Trolling from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

SpencerWeiss
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Il just live with it til I get a new phone. My dad said I will get a new one at the end of the school year. Surj is right, I don't wanna make it worse while I try to fix it.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using xda app-developers app

SpencerWeiss
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Update: I reflashed my modem gc01. The WiFi still does not work. I think its a hardware problem.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using xda app-developers app