Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,023 Members 41,132 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Enable Themer on G2 Stock Based ROMs

Tip us?

Kenepo
Old
(Last edited by Kenepo; 11th May 2014 at 03:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 389
Default [GUIDE] Enable Themer on G2 Stock Based ROMs

For those interested in customizing your G2's here's a simple guide for installing Themer and combine it with LMT pie launcher to get a new look and feel on the phone. I did it on CloudyPro II so I don't know if will work on other ROMs but it should

The main ingredients you will need are:

Google Keyboard or any other keyboard you like.

Themer

Xposed Framework

G2 TweaksBox

LMT Pie Launcher

NexMusic or your preferred player supported by Themer.

After you have downloaded the listed apps the first one you have to install is the keyboard you chose and enable it as default. This is because you will need to disable the nav bar and after you do the LG keyboard will force close. Then as mentioned you have to disable the nav bar using G2 TweaksBox> Miscellaneous> check the "disable nav bar" box but don't reboot. Before you reboot make sure you installed LMT Pie Launcher and checked the first two boxes (Activate service and Autostart service) on the app's settings.

Then reboot your device and once you do you won't have the nav bar anymore but now you can use the LMT pie launcher to navigate through the phone. It can be launched by swiping from the left, right and bottom of the screen to the center. It can also be completely customized but I'll explain that later.

After you have disabled the nav bar, have enabled a keyboard and LMT pie is working you can install Themer as a normal app from the Play Store, choose a theme and apply it. Themer was recently updated to support LG's default Music app but they don't seem to get along that well yet. That's why I suggested to use NexMusic which has given me the best experience and works great from the lock screen too. You can select it from the Themer app and after you download it, it will be set as default.

So basically after you've installed everything your phone should look something like this:

You can also customize the LMT pie and make it look similar to this:

LMT pie comes with a standard 5 buttons layout that should be enough to help you get through the setup process but if you want to customize it a little more you can go to the last section of LMT's settings, PIE, and there configure it button by button as well as the long press or even add a second line of buttons. The new custom buttons you choose will appear one by one as you select them. For customizing the color you can use a menu on the first section and there you can also raise the top radius, bottom radius and outline as well as many other features.

To add a lock/shutdown function you have to enable a custom key and set it to 26. That's the one that I have on the far left.

I started using it a couple days ago and haven't had any problem so far. The biggest loss you might get from disabling the nav bar is that you loose the option of using multi-window but I'm pretty sure there's a work around for enabling it on LMT; just haven't figured that out yet

Battery life is not affected at all and I can say it improved a bit on this specific theme I'm using because of the dark BG and UI. I wanted to share this because I really liked the way the G2 looks with Themer and also to start a discussion and see what new things I can learn from any of the apps I used.

Credit goes to all the developers of each and every app I mentioned so give your thanks to them and support their projects in any way possible. No need to leave thanks here, ideas and helpful discussions would be more appreciated.

Cheers
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kenepo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

babylon29
Old
Thanks Meter 0

来自我的 LG-D802 上的 Tapatalk

oc_masta
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I was waiting for this, thank you so much.
Sony Ericsson XPERIA PLAY (Candy White) w/ Sandisk 32gb Class10 MicroSDHC
Rom: Gamer 4 [Ultimate Sony experience] ICS Beta 4.0.4
Kernel: LUPUS v12 ICS Beta
The Following User Says Thank You to oc_masta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

atrevino19
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How do you get rid of the Google search showing when swiping from the bottom? Pie control works from both left and right side but when I try it from the bottom, the search comes out.

Kenepo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrevino19 View Post
How do you get rid of the Google search showing when swiping from the bottom? Pie control works from both left and right side but when I try it from the bottom, the search comes out.
That's weird, that shouldn't be happening

Only the buttons you enable on the PIE section should appear and on all three sides (bottom, right and left). If you keep having this problem try wiping the app's data from the app manager and start over configuring the pie.
Tags
cloudypro, disable nav bar, lmt, stock, themer