Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

[Q] KFHD 8.9" ADB works, fastboot doesn't

OP msmitty12

6th January 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello,

I successfully rooted my KFHD 8.9" with Bin4ry's "root many android." I want to install Cyanogenmod on my tablet, so I installed the android adt bundle. The problem I have is that I'm unable to fastboot the Kindle. Typing "adb devices" in the command prompt looks like this:

adb devices
B0C91101319300F6 device

However, typing "fastboot devices" in the prompt returns nothing. I've also tried powering off and unplugging my Kindle, typing this:

fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product

into the command prompt and then pluggin in the device. However, the command prompt just stays at < waiting for device > and the Kindle powers on normally (not fastboot mode).

Did anyone have this same problem? If you were able to fastboot successfully, which drivers did you use (where did you download them from)? I tried the drivers from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1893838 and here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2337634. Niether worked.

Thanks!
7th January 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 609

2,218 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you have adb access try "adb reboot bootloader", or if rooted run
Code:
adb shell "su -c 'reboot bootloader'"
That should get you into fastboot so you can install the drivers in my signature, from there on the method you were previously trying should work.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
11th May 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 20

225 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

If you have adb access try "adb reboot bootloader", or if rooted run

Code:
adb shell "su -c 'reboot bootloader'"
That should get you into fastboot so you can install the drivers in my signature, from there on the method you were previously trying should work.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Sorry, I'm a bit confused, which drivers? Also, where to install the drivers computer, Kindle?
11th May 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX

2,218 posts
Donate to Me
More
The drivers are in my signature(my signature is only viewable when not in a tapatalk or equivalent app, like if you view this thread on your pc.), download them onto your computer and extract them somewhere, open the device manager with kindle plugged in and USB debugging enabled and you should see a device with a yellow triangle next to it. Right click it and hit update driver, and tell it to search the directory you extracted my drivers to and it should install. If you are on windows 8 you will have to disable driver signature enforcement first.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
11th May 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Just use fireflash Google the apk. I had the same problem. The only tutorials were for the 7 in, but find one. Don't use the files they tell you to use. Go to hashcodes goo.im and find the ones for the 8.9.

Sent from my Amazon Jem using Tapatalk
12th May 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX

2,218 posts
Donate to Me
More
Or you can use the fireflash tutorial for 8.9", its stickied in the 8.9 dev section. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2277105

While the fireflash method is easier, you have to make sure you check the box that downgrades the bootloader or you will have a red screen brick upon reboot. The box to check has red warning text under it. somehow people miss it.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread