Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,552 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] China 816 Unlocked & Rooted - how to get google apps?

Tip us?

build1138
Old
(Last edited by build1138; 12th May 2014 at 09:40 AM.) Reason: Update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] China 816 Unlocked & Rooted - how to get google apps?

Howdy, first timer here. I purchased the 816 and want to use my google apps on it and link it to my google account. I've unlocked, flashed custom recovery ("recovery_en" via fastboot) and recovered from "HTC 816 4.4.2 SENSE5.5 ROOT." I think everything worked, but when I try to install and open Google Services from the HTC Market Place I get the error message "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped." How do I fix this? How do I install Google Play on my phone?

Update: I tried installing the google apps package from here: wccftech.com/download-latest-google-apps-android-1/ Now when I boot the phone I get a loop of "Unfortunately, SetupWizard has stopped." I can just recover from the HTC 816 4.4.2 SENSE5.5 ROOT to fix this ,right?

Update #2: Success! I wiped the cache, still got "Unfortunately, SetupWizard has stopped," wiped the dalvik cache, same error, then wiped user dater and cache and the phone not only works but had google play installed on it! And Hangouts too automatically opened. Now I can get all of my real apps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to build1138 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s327374
Old
(Last edited by s327374; 14th May 2014 at 01:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by build1138 View Post
Howdy, first timer here. I purchased the 816 and want to use my google apps on it and link it to my google account. I've unlocked, flashed custom recovery ("recovery_en" via fastboot) and recovered from "HTC 816 4.4.2 SENSE5.5 ROOT." I think everything worked, but when I try to install and open Google Services from the HTC Market Place I get the error message "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped." How do I fix this? How do I install Google Play on my phone?

Update: I tried installing the google apps package from here: wccftech.com/download-latest-google-apps-android-1/ Now when I boot the phone I get a loop of "Unfortunately, SetupWizard has stopped." I can just recover from the HTC 816 4.4.2 SENSE5.5 ROOT to fix this ,right?

Update #2: Success! I wiped the cache, still got "Unfortunately, SetupWizard has stopped," wiped the dalvik cache, same error, then wiped user dater and cache and the phone not only works but had google play installed on it! And Hangouts too automatically opened. Now I can get all of my real apps.
Hi - Great that you succeeded - was this the HTC d816w? I have a friend who has purchased one and needs to install a ROM to get google play. I think it is important though that there might be a differentce between HTC desire 816w and HTC desire 816.

Cheers.

*EDIT: Just looked at the ROM link and it is for 816dw - Happy days for my friend I reckon. Cheers.
Note III SM-N9005 (16gb HK), Echoe Rom, X-NOTE Rom, OMEGA Rom, and Miui Rom.

Running 4.4.2 thanks to Locky Loki and SWEET RoM v7

<Samsung Galaxy S3 Cyanogen/Omega, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Cyanogen, HTC desire HD Cyanogen, Nokia N82>

the_sorcerer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

How did you unlock the phone? mines of China Unicom dual sim version. Cant access the HBOOT menu with power+volume down button. Want to flash it and want to install customer ROM.

kinghunki
Old
Thanks Meter 473

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Please delete: system\app\SetupWizard apk

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
HTC J Z321e: KingSenseJ MIUI 3.8.9
HTC J Z321e: KingSenseJ 3.0.1
HTC Sensation: KingSenseS 4.0.0
HTC Desire 816W: KingSenseDS 2.0.0
HTC Desire 816: KingSenseDS Six1.0.0

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
I'm sorry, my English is not good enough!
If you do not know what I mean, please tell me!!

If my advice is helpful to you, click the THANKS button....

iknomz
Old
(Last edited by iknomz; 18th May 2014 at 11:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Talking HTC Desire 816 Android 4.4.3 Sense 6.0

I recently purchased HTC Desire 816 Android 4.4.2 Sense 6.0 (Unlocked). Any ongoing development? International version perhaps?

bunina
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Red face HTC Desire 816W 3G Dual Sim Card

Quote:

I just purchased HTC Desire 816W 3G Dual Sim Card. You can use HTC Marketplace to download application name GMS.
You just run this GMS and follow instruction (it would download file around 170MB, perhaps ROM). And after that will automatic Restart and install this ROM). After that I can get Google Play successfully.