Unlocked AT&T Galaxy S4 not working properly

OP amith007

4th May 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Navi Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 36

248 posts
More
My fried bought a Galaxy S4 from AT&T when he was in US. While leaving the country he bought an unlock code from AT&T and unlocked the phone using the same in India. His phone was working fine initially. Then sudden signal loss started to occur and need to restart the phone to get the signal back. Tried using different Indian carriers and the same issue continued. Will I be able to solve this issue by flashing a custom rom into his phone? Do I need to take care of anything else, like the modem firmware or something. Attaching a screen shot of his phone details. Please help guys..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1399193104795.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	2724701  
4th May 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 651

1,308 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amith007

My fried bought a Galaxy S4 from AT&T when he was in US. While leaving the country he bought an unlock code from AT&T and unlocked the phone using the same in India. His phone was working fine initially. Then sudden signal loss started to occur and need to restart the phone to get the signal back. Tried using different Indian carriers and the same issue continued. Will I be able to solve this issue by flashing a custom rom into his phone? Do I need to take care of anything else, like the modem firmware or something. Attaching a screen shot of his phone details. Please help guys..

You could try reflashing the same MDL firmware first. If that doesn't work, then install TWRP and try the different flashable modems.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running BlackBox 3.0
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Navi Mumbai

248 posts
More
Thank you for the reply.. However we have already tried a factory reset.. Will it be a problem if I flash the modem firmware available in the Indian Galaxy S4?? The Indian version comes with an exynos octa processor instead of the Qualcomm one..

4th May 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 651

1,308 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amith007

Thank you for the reply.. However we have already tried a factory reset.. Will it be a problem if I flash the modem firmware available in the Indian Galaxy S4?? The Indian version comes with an exynos octa processor instead of the Qualcomm one..

Doing a factory reset is different from reflashing the firmware. I don't think the other modems would work, but I'm not entirely sure. If they're recovery zips you could try, but if they're ODIN files it definitely won't work.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running BlackBox 3.0
12th May 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Navi Mumbai

248 posts
More
I have tried reflashing the phone with Odin. The device now has the latest Android 4.4.2 firmware from AT&T. It seemed to work fine after flashing. We got the network and were able to make calls as well. However after sometime the signal got cutoff itself. Tried flashing again, the same thing happens. Any other suggestions??

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread