Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 46,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ROM Based JellyBean On SGY?

Tip us?

aqirul2411
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default ROM Based JellyBean On SGY?

hi all.. i want to ask something, i already search.. but cant find any jellybean based custom rom for galaxy y.. i want to flash jb rom on galaxy y so that i can use nova launcher, nice mp3 player.. ttpod doesnt support gingerbread 2.3.6... :3 .. so can anybody help me? mp3 player so gingerbread? and launcher.... thanks in advanced..

lokesh.3440
Old
Thanks Meter 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqirul2411 View Post
hi all.. i want to ask something, i already search.. but cant find any jellybean based custom rom for galaxy y.. i want to flash jb rom on galaxy y so that i can use nova launcher, nice mp3 player.. ttpod doesnt support gingerbread 2.3.6... :3 .. so can anybody help me? mp3 player so gingerbread? and launcher.... thanks in advanced..
You have posted in the wrong section buddy.You are asking a Question so it should be posted in Q/A section. Please be careful next time. Moderators Please move this thread.
Sent from My GT-P3100 using Tapatalk
Pressing Thanks Button is much Easier than Typing thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to lokesh.3440 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nachiket.Namjoshi
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1510

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
First: This is the wrong section brother...this belongs to the Q/A section... dont worry, u are new, ill ask a mod to move this..

Second: there is no "real jellybean" for this device... so u cant run the apps u mentioned. However there are themed ROMs which can give u a taste of jelly bean.
search in the development section

Forum Rules ||| Getting started on XDA
My Works are here ||| My Github

>> Everything you've ever wanted is beyond the lines of fear <<
If you dont see any updates from me.... HERE IS YOUR ANSWER

aqirul2411
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default ahahahah thanks

awww.. but thanks btw.. really miss my SGS2.. SGY is my second phone..

adi2500
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Sorry if i say it hard, but this developent section, for questions there is a Q&A section.

Second, a stable JB for SGY doesnt exists (has anyone tried compiling it for SGY?). Some devs are working on ICS (step by step, many things changed from 2.3 to 4.xx) but its not fully stable (audio not/partially working and a few more). The problem is the driver, Broadcom (the manufacturer of the cpu and gpu in our mobile) released the the driver sources for Android 4.0.2 in february, but they were buggy. So the devs decided to work on CyanogenMod 9 which is based on Android 4.0.4 because when they wanted to get ICS to fully work, then its time-saving to port the driver to Android 4.0.4 and build CM 9 from source.

Im sorry if I explained it wrong or saying wrong things, but that is how I understand it.

Sent from my Galaxy Y GT-S5360
My Device: Sony Xeria M (Stock 4.1.2 with locked Bootloader and root)
My new Paperweight: Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 (Mi-USSR10 with Hellīs Fusion #50)

markjerald
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Just flash evo x4.2.0
Press If I Helped

marcussmith2626
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2364
Quote:
thanks for the information.. but ill stick to minirom for now.. just mp3 player and launcher, i dont like it :3 .. mp3 player cannot even search for songs, and dont have lock screen player.. does anybody have ******edited for asking for warez****** and what best for launcher?
do not ask for warez!

There is no best launcher - its personal preference - find one that works best for you

My Work And Threads For Galaxy Y GT-S5360

My PM is not a Question & Answer thread - Dont treat it as such!

hnkotnis
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjerald View Post
Just flash evo x4.2.0
And how exactly it is going to help him install apps that are meant for SDK API level 16+?

OP does not want JB look,
He wants to run apps for higher SDK version, Evo x4 is GB ROM. JB apps will not work.

dimsar2013
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Real JB, NO. Why? We don't have necessary drivers/libraries.
Themed JB, Yes. You could take a look on ROMS like Evo-x4.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Loving Foobar2000 Windows music player? Click here and perhaps we can have a version for Android.

You can press thanks if I was helpful.

dimsar2013 - XDA Developers Senior Member