Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,289 Members 36,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Remove Store Display version

Tip us?

jlouang
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Remove Store Display version

I bought the S5 on Craiglist and feel like I got rip off. The phone is the store display version. I can't do anything on it. I try Odin and nothing happens. Is there any other solution to remove store display version?

bryanu
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlouang View Post
I bought the S5 on Craiglist and feel like I got rip off. The phone is the store display version. I can't do anything on it. I try Odin and nothing happens. Is there any other solution to remove store display version?
Generally they are either missing HW or have different HW and thus use different FW or simply are not full functional devices.

If you paid via PayPal or any method except cash I would dispute the charge.

If you paid by cash contact the seller back and hopefully they didn't use a temp number/email and you can still get a hold of them but otherwise you might be screwed sadly.

Craigslist is know for A LOT of scamming. People get the phones and see they turn on and assume all is well and pay cash, get home to activate and find out either it's stolen or fake and the seller is gone and used fake names etc.

Joe0113
Old
Thanks Meter 1,650

DONATE TO ME
That blows. Shoulda been smarter about you purchase... Nothing you can really do that I know of..
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v2
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel with some tweaks
Theme: Velur (Nova icon pack)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP

Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!

mike5026
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Looks like you got screwed. Try buying it from a reliable source next time. You get what you pay for.