Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,664 Members 42,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Timeshift video and 4K video recording

Tip us?

the lost mobiler returns
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Question [Q] Timeshift video and 4K video recording

Hi guys, I know that some have port the functionality from the Z2, but my question is, will there be any official release for such function in the future for the Z1C? I know it is capable, but the question is, will we get it or not officially? thanx in advance.

Ben Ling
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 6,812

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by the lost mobiler returns View Post
Hi guys, I know that some have port the functionality from the Z2, but my question is, will there be any official release for such function in the future for the Z1C? I know it is capable, but the question is, will we get it or not officially? thanx in advance.
Nope...

Like My Work ? Donate To Me So That I Can Contribute To More Devices
Always Hit Thanks If You Like My Work

the lost mobiler returns
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ling View Post
Nope...
erm, is there any particular reason why not? or can we have another app that can do the same?

zeus2602
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
erm, is there any particular reason why not? or can we have another app that can do the same?
Snapdragon postet the difference between 800 and 801:

QTIs 3rd Generation LTE modem, with support for RF360 and popular requirements such as LTE-Broadcast and LTE/3G Multi-SIM
HEVC 1080p support
Support for larger, faster camera sensors and improved image post processing

Maybe you don't get a liquid 4k experience and you don`t get the full 120fps in timeshift.
So it is possible, that Sony don't want difference in their App Specification.

But i would be happy, using Timeshift video, even if it has only 116 FPS or less.

the lost mobiler returns
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus2602 View Post
Snapdragon postet the difference between 800 and 801:

QTIs 3rd Generation LTE modem, with support for RF360 and popular requirements such as LTE-Broadcast and LTE/3G Multi-SIM
HEVC 1080p support
Support for larger, faster camera sensors and improved image post processing

Maybe you don't get a liquid 4k experience and you don`t get the full 120fps in timeshift.
So it is possible, that Sony don't want difference in their App Specification.

But i would be happy, using Timeshift video, even if it has only 116 FPS or less.
exactly! so is there any app with the same function that can be used?

zeus2602
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
exactly! so is there any app with the same function that can be used?
First you have to look at the Android API for the camera:

http://developer.android.com/guide/t...l#intent-video

and

http://developer.android.com/guide/t...amera-features

For example Timelaps would be no problem to realize with an APP. Because its an API Feature.

For SlowMotion you need a workaround, because Android (in this case the API) do not allow this kind of command on the camera.

A Possible solution is to manipulate the System, for example with root to push our own library into the System.

Slow Motion Apps in the appstore are nothing more than recording with normal speed and slow it down afterwards. (Maybe there are Apps with root, for real slow motion)
The Following User Says Thank You to zeus2602 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

the lost mobiler returns
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus2602 View Post
First you have to look at the Android API for the camera:

http://developer.android.com/guide/t...l#intent-video

and

http://developer.android.com/guide/t...amera-features

For example Timelaps would be no problem to realize with an APP. Because its an API Feature.

For SlowMotion you need a workaround, because Android (in this case the API) do not allow this kind of command on the camera.

A Possible solution is to manipulate the System, for example with root to push our own library into the System.

Slow Motion Apps in the appstore are nothing more than recording with normal speed and slow it down afterwards. (Maybe there are Apps with root, for real slow motion)
thanx for the info capt. I really want the slowmo function because i think its cool. Anyway, if you were to suggest such app, what would it be?

zeus2602
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
thanx for the info capt. I really want the slowmo function because i think its cool. Anyway, if you were to suggest such app, what would it be?
I only know the Sony app, as real slow motion.

Because you need root for slow motion, i would try the Sony App. There is a thread in XDA with all Sony camera apps.