Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[QUESTION] Change settings icons with theme. How make it?

Tip us?

x-zes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [QUESTION] Change settings icons with theme. How make it?

Hi!
I want make new theme for LG Launcher and I want change icons in settings app (Display, Sound etc). How do this without edit LGSettings.apk and without edit LGEasySettings?

I tried add strings in \res\xml\theme_resource.xml

Example:
Code:
Select Code
    <AppIcon name="com.android.settings/com.android.settings.DisplaySettings" image="settings_display" />
    <AppIcon name="com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings$DisplaySettingsActivity" image="settings_display" />
    <AppIcon name="com.android.settings/com.android.settings.lge.PouchSettings" image="settings_display" />
    <AppIcon name="com.android.settings/com.android.settings.lge.ScreenMode" image="settings_display" />
But icons not change (2nd screenshot), icons change only in top tittle (1st screenshot)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-03-15-00-09.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	2723122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-03-15-00-03.png
Views:	389
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	2723123  

AyDee
Old
(Last edited by AyDee; 3rd May 2014 at 04:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 810

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-zes View Post
Hi!
I want make new theme for LG Launcher and I want change icons in settings app (Display, Sound etc). How do this without edit LGSettings.apk and without edit LGEasySettings?

I tried add strings in \res\xml\theme_resource.xml

Example:
Code:
Select Code
    <AppIcon name="com.android.settings/com.android.settings.DisplaySettings" image="settings_display" />
    <AppIcon name="com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings$DisplaySettingsActivity" image="settings_display" />
    <AppIcon name="com.android.settings/com.android.settings.lge.PouchSettings" image="settings_display" />
    <AppIcon name="com.android.settings/com.android.settings.lge.ScreenMode" image="settings_display" />
But icons not change (2nd screenshot), icons change only in top tittle (1st screenshot)
That isn't possible with a home theme. It would be cool if you could though.
App icons change wherever they are shown including the title/action bar so that's why it changes at the top.

Questions belong in Q&A section, for future reference. Welcome to the forum.

x-zes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
If try extract code and layouts from LGEasySettings.apk and put this code and layouts with change icons name in theme apk?

Is it possible to when apply theme with code from LGEasySettings.apk and work this from theme? In other words, insert LGEasySettings.apk in theme.

dlt0rre
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
If try extract code and layouts from LGEasySettings.apk and put this code and layouts with change icons name in theme apk?

Is it possible to when apply theme with code from LGEasySettings.apk and work this from theme? In other words, insert LGEasySettings.apk in theme.
I finally did changing the png's:
http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=811479

x-zes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I can somebody replace icons in LGEasySettings.apk and LGSettings.apk. But I want replace icons when apply my theme without edit LGEasySettings.apk and LGSettings.apk

chaki-
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
I can somebody replace icons in LGEasySettings.apk and LGSettings.apk. But I want replace icons when apply my theme without edit LGEasySettings.apk and LGSettings.apk
When it comes to mod something you got to make some ultimate changes in order to get it your way.
If you don't wanna mess around, then there is one solution: go to Hogwarts become a magician

Maybe Levi Strauss should sue Apple too. He came up with the single button concept on pants first. Apple copied him...........

HTC - was great
Moto - is good'ish
LG G2- the best phone i had (for now)
The Following User Says Thank You to chaki- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AyDee
Old
Thanks Meter 810

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Not possible. The only way I can think to edit the pngs without editing LGEasySettings.apk and LGSettings.apk is with an xposed module.
The Following User Says Thank You to AyDee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

manu_up
Old
Thanks Meter 89

DONATE TO ME
Hi could you please tellme which file you edited to make the settings menu, black? Thanks in advance

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app