Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Restore GPE US to sock

Tip us?

killjoydreams
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking [Q] Restore GPE US to sock

Hey,

So I've been searching for a few days now in the moto g section. I can't find any guides to restore my moto g GPE US version to stock. I found somewhat of walkthrough using the moto tool but I dont' have a windows machine to run that program. Is there another way to do this? Please let me know, also if I missed a post that shows this info please reply with the link.

Thank you!

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 456

DONATE TO ME
If you don't have a Windows machine, it'd be good if we knew what you do have in order to guide you properly.

Flashing back to stock on Linux is quite easy once you've got the tools set up. I would assume MacOS X is similar provided you can get a suitable fastboot or mfastboot binary. (I recommend having them in a directeory listed in your $PATH variable with proper permissions for USB so that you don't need to sudo to use them.)

If you've got no computer, but can boot in a modified recovery, it should be possible to flash the entire stock ROM with that. You wouldn't be able to relock the bootloader though, if that's something you were aiming for.
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs), Motorola XT-1045 Moto G LTE (TWRP)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM), Motorola XT-1032 Moto G.
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G

deej_roamer
Old
Thanks Meter 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoydreams View Post
Hey,

So I've been searching for a few days now in the moto g section. I can't find any guides to restore my moto g GPE US version to stock. I found somewhat of walkthrough using the moto tool but I dont' have a windows machine to run that program. Is there another way to do this? Please let me know, also if I missed a post that shows this info please reply with the link.

Thank you!
If you are on MAC or linux I suppose you have fastboot installed! If not get it installed from here

Now To restore your phone to stock download this firmware.
After Downloading! Extract the firmware. cd to the directory of extraction.
Use the script in the attachement to restore your phone.

OR

Enter these commands manually
Code:
fastboot getvar max-sparse-size
fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk3
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
You will need the path to fastboot to be added in path variable!
Attached Files
File Type: zip GPE_restore.zip - [Click for QR Code] (353 Bytes, 3 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to deej_roamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

killjoydreams
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up OMG!!!! thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Worked like a charm, I was flipping out trying to figure this out b4 I had to work, your a life saver!!! Btw is there any downside to this process, like can I re-lock the boot loader and is it still possible to get OTA updates?

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 456

DONATE TO ME
OTA updates work regardless of whether your bootloader is unlocked or not.

It's root and other changes to the /system partition that'd prevent such updates from working.
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs), Motorola XT-1045 Moto G LTE (TWRP)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM), Motorola XT-1032 Moto G.
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G

deej_roamer
Old
Thanks Meter 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoydreams View Post
Worked like a charm, I was flipping out trying to figure this out b4 I had to work, your a life saver!!! Btw is there any downside to this process, like can I re-lock the boot loader and is it still possible to get OTA updates?
No no downsides
You can re-lock the bootloader
And you will get OTA updates as well, even if your bootloader is unlocked!
Just have stock recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to deej_roamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]