Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 40,897 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [q] xperia s - date sync problem

Tip us?
 
DothrakiITA
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Default [Q] [q] xperia s - date sync problem

Hi guys,

I'm having some troubles with my Xperia S and CM11 or PA.

When I restart my device it shows me the date of 08 february 1972, but I checked and today is 10 May 2014 .

So for this issue some apps (like whatsapp, gplay services, hangout...) don't run immediately but they show me an error and I have to wait the sync, and the sync is never istant and when it takes too much time I have to switch off the wifi to force the sync with data mobile. [It's not a wifi problem because it happened also when wifi is disabled from the start].

I can't post pics because is my first post, i can tell you what i see:

- the date is 08/02/1972;
- there are some notifications with a triangle and that is reported: "an application attemped to us...." or "your phone date is inaccurated! Adjust your ..."
- when I click on that notification pop up the date and time settings.

Hope you can help me.

Sorry for my english.
 
Mirhawk
Old
#2  
Mirhawk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 103
Posts: 300
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DothrakiITA View Post
Hi guys,

I'm having some troubles with my Xperia S and CM11 or PA.

When I restart my device it shows me the date of 08 february 1972, but I checked and today is 10 May 2014 .

So for this issue some apps (like whatsapp, gplay services, hangout...) don't run immediately but they show me an error and I have to wait the sync, and the sync is never istant and when it takes too much time I have to switch off the wifi to force the sync with data mobile. [It's not a wifi problem because it happened also when wifi is disabled from the start].

I can't post pics because is my first post, i can tell you what i see:

- the date is 08/02/1972;
- there are some notifications with a triangle and that is reported: "an application attemped to us...." or "your phone date is inaccurated! Adjust your ..."
- when I click on that notification pop up the date and time settings.

Hope you can help me.

Sorry for my english.
This is a known bug in PA. Your date get resets on every reboot.
Pressing the is appreciated!
Kitkat - Carbon ROM - abcdjdj
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirhawk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DothrakiITA
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Thanks for the reply.
So, untill CM11 or PA fix that, exists any other "stable" rom with 4.4.2 that hasn't that bug?
 
Mirhawk
Old
#4  
Mirhawk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 103
Posts: 300
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DothrakiITA View Post
Thanks for the reply.
So, untill CM11 or PA fix that, exists any other "stable" rom with 4.4.2 that hasn't that bug?
Well, no ROM is bug free,but there are ROM which have less bugs. You can use Carbon ROM v4, all most no bugs. Or if You want to use the latest v8, there is a beep beep sound in the call(the call waiting one) and don't use Google Now Launcher in it.
Pressing the is appreciated!
Kitkat - Carbon ROM - abcdjdj
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirhawk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DothrakiITA
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirhawk View Post
Well, no ROM is bug free,but there are ROM which have less bugs. You can use Carbon ROM v4, all most no bugs. Or if You want to use the latest v8, there is a beep beep sound in the call(the call waiting one) and don't use Google Now Launcher in it.
I know that any rom is bugs free, but this bug is very annoying, especially for person like me that use the apps of the phone as alarm clock.

So I'm looking for a rom with Kit Kat at that is almost stable.

Carbon rom v4 is based on Kit Kat? If yes, can you link me where can I download the zip (and, if there is a particular gapps, also the link for this)?

Thanks for the reply! Cya
 
Mirhawk
Old
#6  
Mirhawk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 103
Posts: 300
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DothrakiITA View Post
I know that any rom is bugs free, but this bug is very annoying, especially for person like me that use the apps of the phone as alarm clock.

So I'm looking for a rom with Kit Kat at that is almost stable.

Carbon rom v4 is based on Kit Kat? If yes, can you link me where can I download the zip (and, if there is a particular gapps, also the link for this)?

Thanks for the reply! Cya
Search and You shall find everything!

[ROM][UB][Linaro][KitKat][4.4.2]Carbon Rom[Unofficial]

[GAPPS][4.4.x/4.3.x] OFFICIAL Up-to-Date PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's)
Pressing the is appreciated!
Kitkat - Carbon ROM - abcdjdj
 
Android Bob
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 30
Join Date: May 2014
As a work around until there is a better solution you could use Google Play ClockSync
If you've unlocked the bootloader and have root access on your Xperia LT26i, ClockSync is a very good way to sync time and date at boot.
It'll even correct daylight saving and time zones if they've changed over the years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Android Bob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DothrakiITA
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Bob View Post
As a work around until there is a better solution you could use Google Play ClockSync
If you've unlocked the bootloader and have root access on your Xperia LT26i, ClockSync is a very good way to sync time and date at boot.
It'll even correct daylight saving and time zones if they've changed over the years.
Thx, I will try that this week end.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes