Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Samsung s4 i9500 hlp plz

OP Isaac K

8th May 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
hello, im new here, sry my english isnt good.
Today I went to buy the s4 but in the 3 stores I went, none came with the plastic screen that says Super amolet nfc etc. It came a normal transparent screen protector. they say that the printed plastic screen that says samguns not come anymore. is true or false?

I am in doubt because they are Chinese
and do not want to buy something that is not new
8th May 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #2  
Flag San Pedro
Thanks Meter: 42

220 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac K

hello, im new here, sry my english isnt good.
Today I went to buy the s4 but in the 3 stores I went, none came with the plastic screen that says Super amolet nfc etc. It came a normal transparent screen protector. they say that the printed plastic screen that says samguns not come anymore. is true or false?

I am in doubt because they are Chinese
and do not want to buy something that is not new

Well I would not even buy if the box is not factory-plastic-wrapped
9th May 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #3  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 57

358 posts
More
Not sure if the same applies to the newer S4's that are shipping, but when I went to get my S5 (second hand, but never opened) it came with a clear screen protector style cover over the screen. The box had never been opened and it was 100% genuine.

Maybe Samsung are cutting back on things, or they realise that using a pre-fitted, temporary screen protector is better?
9th May 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoddex

Well I would not even buy if the box is not factory-plastic-wrapped

Thanks for your reply, when you say that i should expect plastic wrap, do you mean on the exterior of the box, or inside the box. All the phones that i have bought here in Panama are never with plastic wrap around the box. With regards to the plastic on the screen, would you say that the newer phones might be bringing the plastic clear so they serve as temporary screen protector. Would ordering stateside be better and if so do you recommend a reputable dealer.

thanks
11th May 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #5  
Flag San Pedro
Thanks Meter: 42

220 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac K

Thanks for your reply, when you say that i should expect plastic wrap, do you mean on the exterior of the box, or inside the box. All the phones that i have bought here in Panama are never with plastic wrap around the box. With regards to the plastic on the screen, would you say that the newer phones might be bringing the plastic clear so they serve as temporary screen protector. Would ordering stateside be better and if so do you recommend a reputable dealer.

thanks

That's odd, I live in Costa Rica. Some stores sell without the plastic wrap around the box. But I never buy like that cuz I cannot guarantee that the device has never been used. I always buy my devices with plastic wrap around the box. I highly recommend you to do the same. Otherwise you never now if it has been damaged in any way.
12th May 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
I recently bought samsung galaxy s4 i9500. The device came with transparent sceen guard and it was sealed packed too. The. Ox says that it was manufactured in March 2014. I Guess now they are shipping the transparent screen protected devices.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th May 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #7  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 93

958 posts
More
New S4's come with transparent screen protector

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread