Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 40,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung s4 i9500 hlp plz

Tip us?
 
Isaac K
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: May 2014
Default [Q] Samsung s4 i9500 hlp plz

hello, im new here, sry my english isnt good.
Today I went to buy the s4 but in the 3 stores I went, none came with the plastic screen that says Super amolet nfc etc. It came a normal transparent screen protector. they say that the printed plastic screen that says samguns not come anymore. is true or false?

I am in doubt because they are Chinese
and do not want to buy something that is not new
 
Zoddex
Old
#2  
Zoddex's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 214
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Pedro

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac K View Post
hello, im new here, sry my english isnt good.
Today I went to buy the s4 but in the 3 stores I went, none came with the plastic screen that says Super amolet nfc etc. It came a normal transparent screen protector. they say that the printed plastic screen that says samguns not come anymore. is true or false?

I am in doubt because they are Chinese
and do not want to buy something that is not new
Well I would not even buy if the box is not factory-plastic-wrapped
Hit THANKS if I helped you or made your day better in any way also if my sarcasm made you laugh
 
Brownie2k
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 346
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Manchester
Not sure if the same applies to the newer S4's that are shipping, but when I went to get my S5 (second hand, but never opened) it came with a clear screen protector style cover over the screen. The box had never been opened and it was 100% genuine.

Maybe Samsung are cutting back on things, or they realise that using a pre-fitted, temporary screen protector is better?
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: Stock Rooted
Android: 4.4.2 (KitKat)
Knox: 0x1

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5
Rom: Stock
Android: 4.4.2 (KitKat)
Knox: 0x0
 
Isaac K
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoddex View Post
Well I would not even buy if the box is not factory-plastic-wrapped
Thanks for your reply, when you say that i should expect plastic wrap, do you mean on the exterior of the box, or inside the box. All the phones that i have bought here in Panama are never with plastic wrap around the box. With regards to the plastic on the screen, would you say that the newer phones might be bringing the plastic clear so they serve as temporary screen protector. Would ordering stateside be better and if so do you recommend a reputable dealer.

thanks
 
Zoddex
Old
#5  
Zoddex's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 214
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Pedro

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac K View Post
Thanks for your reply, when you say that i should expect plastic wrap, do you mean on the exterior of the box, or inside the box. All the phones that i have bought here in Panama are never with plastic wrap around the box. With regards to the plastic on the screen, would you say that the newer phones might be bringing the plastic clear so they serve as temporary screen protector. Would ordering stateside be better and if so do you recommend a reputable dealer.

thanks
That's odd, I live in Costa Rica. Some stores sell without the plastic wrap around the box. But I never buy like that cuz I cannot guarantee that the device has never been used. I always buy my devices with plastic wrap around the box. I highly recommend you to do the same. Otherwise you never now if it has been damaged in any way.
Hit THANKS if I helped you or made your day better in any way also if my sarcasm made you laugh
 
vaibhav1515
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2013
I recently bought samsung galaxy s4 i9500. The device came with transparent sceen guard and it was sealed packed too. The. Ox says that it was manufactured in March 2014. I Guess now they are shipping the transparent screen protected devices.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
mezo91
Old
#7  
mezo91's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 877
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cairo
New S4's come with transparent screen protector

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes