Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Steelseries Sound engine V3 controls?

OP vj4

12th May 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

346 posts
More
Hello!

So at the March of the Droid event in Bournemouth my partner won a set of Steelseries Sibera Elite gaming headphones. A few deals later and they are now mine!!!! (Thanks to the droid guys for the event and the partners for the swag and my partner for letting me swap stuffs)

Anyways, They are PC headphones/set and have a small usb sound card with them to control a few bits on them like lights and virtual 7.1 stuffs. I tested last night and my m8 will power them and output audio via USB with the sound card so they work! I couldn't take calls so i don't know if the mic will work but i can play with that later. Sadly tho i have no way of controlling them and this gave me an idea..........

Why not create an app to feed the USB sound card with the appropriate info for the settings? In theory from what i have found out everything is controlled via the sound card and the PC Software is just to tell that what to do.

What do you guys think? Any one interested in this kinda thing?

I'm no Dev, but i thought this could be a fun project for me to take on and with a bit of help i think it could be possible to get this working and give the unit full android support!

WHAT SAY YOU INTERNETS!!!????

On the other side if some one has done this please let me know ASAP!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread