help with going back to stock euro

OP anarchyuk

12th May 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag North East England
Thanks Meter: 42

674 posts
More
My device is Super CID. I have a CWN nandroid thats got loads of CIDs so was going to just use CID HTC__102 once I have flashed the OS. Then removed tampered, Lock bootloader then S-on.. Will this work or does it have to go back to the vodaphone CID? regards
12th May 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 105

457 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchyuk

My device is Super CID. I have a CWN nandroid thats got loads of CIDs so was going to just use CID HTC__102 once I have flashed the OS. Then removed tampered, Lock bootloader then S-on.. Will this work or does it have to go back to the vodaphone CID? regards

Your CID will remain SuperCID only. If you want to go back to the Vodafone CID, you will have to use the 'writecid' command. If you're giving the phone for repair, then you'll have to change to the HTC_102. If not, stay on SuperCID. The RUU will work perfectly on SuperCID
Next, i would never recommend you to go back S-ON. Stay S-OFF. However, if you insist on going S-ON, S-ON ONLY AFTER YOU'RE SUCCESSFULLY ON STOCK FIRMWARE AND HBOOT VERSION IS 1.44/1.54.
Do not S-ON before the RUU is flashed. Do not S-ON if HBOOT is 1.55/1.56. Otherwise, the TAMPERED flag will re-appear
12th May 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag North East England

674 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur

Your CID will remain SuperCID only. If you want to go back to the Vodafone CID, you will have to use the 'writecid' command. If you're giving the phone for repair, then you'll have to change to the HTC_102. If not, stay on SuperCID. The RUU will work perfectly on SuperCID
Next, i would never recommend you to go back S-ON. Stay S-OFF. However, if you insist on going S-ON, S-ON ONLY AFTER YOU'RE SUCCESSFULLY ON STOCK FIRMWARE AND HBOOT VERSION IS 1.44/1.54.
Do not S-ON before the RUU is flashed. Do not S-ON if HBOOT is 1.55/1.56. Otherwise, the TAMPERED flag will re-appear

thanks for the reply. Its hboot 1.44.. I am selling it and its supposed to be getting sold as stock... I have just pushed a nandroid for the euro over but had a md5 check error. think this may be because i opened one of the rars to make sure it was for my model id so im re pushing it.. My main concern is.. Can i flash say a ruu exe. leave super cid. lock bootloader and then s-on without a brick?
12th May 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 105

457 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchyuk

thanks for the reply. Its hboot 1.44.. I am selling it and its supposed to be getting sold as stock... I have just pushed a nandroid for the euro over but had a md5 check error. think this may be because i opened one of the rars to make sure it was for my model id so im re pushing it.. My main concern is.. Can i flash say a ruu exe. leave super cid. lock bootloader and then s-on without a brick?

Look, if you're gonna sell the phone as stock, don't sell it as SuperCID. Sell it with the HTC__102 CID
If for some reason, you still want to sell it as SuperCID, then ignore the first step. Follow these steps in order

1. Change your CID to the stock Vodafone CID (HTC__102)
2. Flash this in TWRP 2.6.3.3 (ive had personal experience, none with CWM):
http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_boo...reset_1-0-zip/

Choose "Lock Bootloader" and "remove TAMPERED"
3. Once you choose these 2 options and flash the zip, go back to the bootloader and check that the bootloader is now LOCKED and no TAMPERED
4. Now, flash this RUU.exe:
http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_u...78_signed-exe/
5. Once the phone boots up successfully, the last thing left is to S-ON. Remember, S-ON the phone before you install any OTA's. Technically, as soon as the phone boots. To S-ON:

Get the phone to fastboot mode, open command prompt on ur PC in the fastboot folder and type:
fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

Then, reboot the phone thrice. It will be S-ON again
The Following User Says Thank You to raghav kapur For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag North East England

674 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur

Look, if you're gonna sell the phone as stock, don't sell it as SuperCID. Sell it with the HTC__102 CID
If for some reason, you still want to sell it as SuperCID, then ignore the first step. Follow these steps in order

1. Change your CID to the stock Vodafone CID (HTC__102)
2. Flash this in TWRP 2.6.3.3 (ive had personal experience, none with CWM):
http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_boo...reset_1-0-zip/

Choose "Lock Bootloader" and "remove TAMPERED"
3. Once you choose these 2 options and flash the zip, go back to the bootloader and check that the bootloader is now LOCKED and no TAMPERED
4. Now, flash this RUU.exe:
http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_u...78_signed-exe/
5. Once the phone boots up successfully, the last thing left is to S-ON. Remember, S-ON the phone before you install any OTA's. Technically, as soon as the phone boots. To S-ON:

Get the phone to fastboot mode, open command prompt on ur PC in the fastboot folder and type:
fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

Then, reboot the phone thrice. It will be S-ON again

I think I have already done most of it, i got the md5 check error to go away, and installed a standard HTC that had the CID HTC_002 available in the build prop. I then flashed stock recovery. Fastboot booted in to CWM and ran the remove tampered. Lock bootloader.. I have just changed the CID From 111111 to HTC__002 and its booted fine. So The bootloader shows locked, no tampered or HTC red developer message under the logo but still hs S-OFF on bootloader screen? what would happen If i s-on now?

edit: Not to worry I done the secuirty flag 3 command and its now s-on and still boots, ty to you both.. really appreciate it

edit: 2 the tampered has came back

edit: 3 back to s-off and bootloader unlocked, tamp flag back too
Last edited by anarchyuk; 12th May 2014 at 01:50 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread