Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Quarx' CM11 latest: Phone Problem needs reboot

Tip us?

St0fF
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Another search result

Hi@all,

i just thought about perhaps creating another thread that may be made sticky, collecting all possible reasons, explanations and most likely workarounds for the RIL Bug - and I found this answer:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...67&postcount=5

It says undervolting might be a factor. My Defy is undervolted. So I'll try to figure out some less extreme settings, as RIL just reappeared on my phone.

P.S.: I couldn't find that post originally, as at that time I wasn't aware of the bug's name - searching for "RIL bug" in fact returns a lot of results.

Idealas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by St0fF View Post
That's what fixed it for me: I reflashed to factory, then installed cm10/cm11 freshly.
that's the only thing which helped me too. many rom's worked okay for me and had no RIL reboots ever, but when i've tried to use them again instead of newer ones i tried - i got constant reboots. reflashed to factory and no more ril's again.