Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,615 Members 45,555 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Razr M, no google account for contacts

Tip us?

csingh01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Razr M, no google account for contacts

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster (hopefully in the right section). I am an absolute novice so please bear with me. I rooted my Razr M (XT905) to remove a bunch of the pre installed apps.

All worked fine and phone runs great. But I cant import my contacts from my google account. Gmail and app store syncing works fine, just contacts are missing.

When I access the options menu in the contact section, google isn't showing. When I look at the accounts in the settings menu, the google account is there and has the option checked to sync 'people details' (guessing this is the same as contacts).

So I'm guessing I've deleted something when removing the apps.

Any ideas as to what I might have done and how I can fix this?

Appreciate any help.

meatboy371
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by csingh01 View Post
Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster (hopefully in the right section). I am an absolute novice so please bear with me. I rooted my Razr M (XT905) to remove a bunch of the pre installed apps.

All worked fine and phone runs great. But I cant import my contacts from my google account. Gmail and app store syncing works fine, just contacts are missing.

When I access the options menu in the contact section, google isn't showing. When I look at the accounts in the settings menu, the google account is there and has the option checked to sync 'people details' (guessing this is the same as contacts).

So I'm guessing I've deleted something when removing the apps.

Any ideas as to what I might have done and how I can fix this?

Appreciate any help.
You should have a contacts sync option in Google acount. Maybe you deleted GoogleContacstSyncAdapter.apk or ContactsProvider.apk from /system/app folder
| Nexus 4 | SlimKat | hells-Core |

"Take your time to read the OP before asking anything..."
The Following User Says Thank You to meatboy371 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

csingh01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatboy371 View Post
You should have a contacts sync option in Google acount. Maybe you deleted GoogleContacstSyncAdapter.apk or ContactsProvider.apk from /system/app folder
Anyway to restore them?

meatboy371
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by csingh01 View Post
Anyway to restore them?
Which android version are you using? I'm attaching 4.4 version apks for you, but I'm not sure if it will work with previous Android versions. Put the apks in system/app folder (ContactsProvider should go to system/priv-app if you're on Android 4.4), change permissions to 644 (see attached image) and reboot.
If those don't work, try searching for apks from the same Android version as yours. You can find it in xda.

Please reply if it worked or not cause another user can try and help you too, but i hope it helps bro.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-09-22-21-04.png
Views:	7
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	2735255  
Attached Files
File Type: apk ContactsProvider.apk - [Click for QR Code] (385.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: apk GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk - [Click for QR Code] (194.2 KB, 2 views)
| Nexus 4 | SlimKat | hells-Core |

"Take your time to read the OP before asking anything..."
The Following User Says Thank You to meatboy371 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

csingh01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatboy371 View Post
Which android version are you using? I'm attaching 4.4 version apks for you, but I'm not sure if it will work with previous Android versions. Put the apks in system/app folder (ContactsProvider should go to system/priv-app if you're on Android 4.4), change permissions to 644 (see attached image) and reboot.
If those don't work, try searching for apks from the same Android version as yours. You can find it in xda.

Please reply if it worked or not cause another user can try and help you too, but i hope it helps bro.

Thanks for the replies. Using 4.1.2.

When I've tried to copy the GoogleContactsSyncAdapter file using ES File Explorer, I get the message in the attached screenshot. How do I get around this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-10-15-08-29.png
Views:	9
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	2735555  

es0tericcha0s
Old
(Last edited by es0tericcha0s; 10th May 2014 at 06:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Gotta mount the system as Read/Write(should be something similar to this: On the left hand panel "Tools->Root Explorer->Mount R/W" then pick your preferred options.) , and make sure to change the permissions once you move them there (here's a short little video guide - older ES, but same idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hhXuQ0_B28).

I also hope you aren't trying to use the ones posted here for this as it surely won't work properly.

Did you make sure to see if you were actually missing those apps?
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

csingh01
Old
(Last edited by csingh01; 12th May 2014 at 04:30 PM.) Reason: Resolved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks again for the replies.

All good now. Flashed the pacman 4.4 update with the correct apps and all working.

Only problem now is wifi wont turn on. When I toggle it on, it stays grey and no networks are detected.

Any suggestions for this issue?

Never mind, all sorted, thanks again