Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 40,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP]Update to DN3 v5 (4.4.2)

Tip us?
 
darkn3ss88
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default [HELP]Update to DN3 v5 (4.4.2)

Hello! Today i wanted to update to the new 4.4.2 ROM from E-team (DN3 v5). So after i format data, system, internal sd, wipe cache and dalvik cache, i install the new rom. No problem, when the install is finished i wipe cache/dalvik cache and i reboot. After that i'm stuck on boot (samsung logo). Can anyone tell me what did i do wrong? Before updating i had DN3 v3.2 and i had no problems.
P.S. I am using the latest TWRP Recovery.
 
dreamertr
Old
#2  
dreamertr's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 47
Join Date: Jul 2010
Hi. I suggest you to format the internal storage with TWRP Recovery. This is a full wipe procedure. After that install the ROM again and reboot. If that does not work check your bootloaders version. Reinstall the boot loader or install a never one. But first try the first step.

Good luck...

Sent from my SM-N9000Q using Tapatalk
 
darkn3ss88
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Thanks for the reply! I already formatted internal storage when i installed it. I don't understand the thing with these bootloaders. How can I check which version i'm on?
 
singhpratik87
Old
#4  
singhpratik87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,607
Posts: 2,674
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkn3ss88 View Post
Thanks for the reply! I already formatted internal storage when i installed it. I don't understand the thing with these bootloaders. How can I check which version i'm on?
Switch to philz ,re do all the wipes for your internal sd card by clicking on "wipe to install a new rom" and wipe cache/partition and by going under advance wipe dalvik cache as well.Flash your rom then. You can switch to philz from twrp by flashing the philz.zip file from here just transfer the zip file to your external sd via card reader and just reboot into your recovery.if you dont have a card reader on you then you can flash philz .tar file in download mode via pc odin.

Philz
The Following User Says Thank You to singhpratik87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
myk1709
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 42
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkn3ss88 View Post
Hello! Today i wanted to update to the new 4.4.2 ROM from E-team (DN3 v5). So after i format data, system, internal sd, wipe cache and dalvik cache, i install the new rom. No problem, when the install is finished i wipe cache/dalvik cache and i reboot. After that i'm stuck on boot (samsung logo). Can anyone tell me what did i do wrong? Before updating i had DN3 v3.2 and i had no problems.
P.S. I am using the latest TWRP Recovery.
do you have the latest TWRP?
if not then you need to update it is has to 2.7.0.0 or above
 
darkn3ss88
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by myk1709 View Post
do you have the latest TWRP?
if not then you need to update it is has to 2.7.0.0 or above
I already tried with the latest TWRP but didn't manage to get it working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87 View Post
Switch to philz ,re do all the wipes for your internal sd card by clicking on "wipe to install a new rom" and wipe cache/partition and by going under advance wipe dalvik cache as well.Flash your rom then. You can switch to philz from twrp by flashing the philz.zip file from here just transfer the zip file to your external sd via card reader and just reboot into your recovery.if you dont have a card reader on you then you can flash philz .tar file in download mode via pc odin.

Philz
I just installed the latest philz and bang, it worked! Before installing latest TWRP i had an older version of philz (5.x) and maybe that was the problem. Thanks man, thanks a lot for your help!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Stream Your Media Files with the New Version of Droid Sync Manager

Android is a Linux-based operating system, but this fact doesn’t put … more

Old but Gold Internet Browser is a Blast from the Past

A Web browser is one of these applications that we can’t live without. We useit … more

Real-World Battery Saving Tips for Android – XDA Developer TV

You need Real-World Battery Saving Tips for your Android device. Our … more

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more