Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S-OFF (in the politest possible way!!)

Tip us?

richych
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcflyerhc View Post
download the hc rom take the rom.zip and put in on the sdcard

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e
Sadly, nothing is making any difference. It's in a perpetual 7 second loop. However, I looked over a few things and noticed something that might be relevant:

Here's what fastboot getvar all told me a week ago:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.11.0011
(bootloader) version-baseband: 3822.10.08.07_M
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: 0950
(bootloader) version-main: 3.55.405.1
(bootloader) product: flyer
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-7230
(bootloader) modelid: PG4110000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__016
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4191mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: f0e1145e
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 12
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Here's what the same command told me just a short while before the device went wrong:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.11.0011
(bootloader) version-baseband: 3822.10.08.07_M
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: 0950
(bootloader) version-main: 2.00.405.3
(bootloader) product: flyer
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-7230
(bootloader) modelid: PG4110000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__016
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4082mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: f0e1145e

The difference is that version-main is now the older 2.00.405.3 which is what I was trying to get misc_version to do, but it never seemed to work!

I really don't know what to do. It won't boot up without power, and when you do it's stuck in a quick reboot cycle I don't seem to be able to interrupt no matter what I try!

htcflyerhc
Old
(Last edited by htcflyerhc; 28th April 2014 at 07:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
you are on gb now thats why your version is changed so try instaling gb rom again maybe your rom is not instaled propertly and if your flyer cant power on with presing the on tab key it looks like your battery is empty try charging the battery without turning on the flyer.

richych
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
you are on gb now thats why your version is changed so try instaling gb rom again maybe your rom is not instaled propertly and if your flyer cant power on with presing the on tab key it looks like your battery is empty try charging the battery without turning on the flyer.

Hi,

I think I know what's happened. The Flyer was left in a mode where the battery doesn't charge (probably in Fastboot?), then the battery drained completely. Unfortunately, the moment you plug the device into USB or AC, it turns on in FASTBOOT mode then realises it has no battery power, switches off, detects USB or AC power then boots up again and the cycle repeats.

The device isn't on GB yet, I've never been able to downgrade the ROM. I think it's just thst setting misc_version finally worked. Running an RUU or doing it manually would have been my next step, if this hadn't happened.

So, I think I need to get the battery out and find a way to charge externally?

htcflyerhc
Old
Thanks Meter 24
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2490641

richych
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Okay. I took out the battery but found trying to do a DIY job on charging it outside of the Flyer beyond my clumsy capabilities. Instead I took the plunge and ordered a replacement battery. It turned up, and after thinking I'd completely broken the Flyer I got all the fiddly cables and screws back into the device and it booted back into the Android OS. Phew!

The only negative is that the pen icon in the bottom-right corner of the device is red all the time. In fact, I hadn't noticed it before (it wasn't on at all before things went awry two weeks ago).

Anyway, lesson learned. Never leave a device on in FASTBOOT and then let the battery drain!

So, back to the task in hand ...

htcflyerhc
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by richych View Post
Okay. I took out the battery but found trying to do a DIY job on charging it outside of the Flyer beyond my clumsy capabilities. Instead I took the plunge and ordered a replacement battery. It turned up, and after thinking I'd completely broken the Flyer I got all the fiddly cables and screws back into the device and it booted back into the Android OS. Phew!

The only negative is that the pen icon in the bottom-right corner of the device is red all the time. In fact, I hadn't noticed it before (it wasn't on at all before things went awry two weeks ago).

Anyway, lesson learned. Never leave a device on in FASTBOOT and then let the battery drain!

So, back to the task in hand ...
nice your flyer is working now

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda app-developers app

beboptheory
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello,

I'm by no means an expert.. but I spent the last 3 days troubleshooting, trying to get my View rooted and finally finished successfully today!

Regarding your problems running the RUU, make sure your bootloader is relocked when you run it (command: fastboot oem lock).

Also, make sure you're in fastboot when you run the RUU (I didn't see this written anywhere, but saw it in a youtube video).

One more thing: I had the same problem as you, where it says it's sending but never does.. For me it was a Windows driver issue. What fixed it for me was a mixture of unplugging/replugging the USB and restarting the tablet and the PC. Sorry, it was all so frustrating I don't remember exactly what worked. But keeping your Device Manager open in Windows and watching for the tablet to pop in and out of that window as it reboots may give you some awareness on whether the drivers are the problem. I know for sure when running Revolutionary, simply unplugging the USB and plugging it back in fixed it.

I hope this is helpful and isn't out of line, as I'm not as knowledgeable as most on these forums!

richych
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by beboptheory View Post
Hello,

I'm by no means an expert.. but I spent the last 3 days troubleshooting, trying to get my View rooted and finally finished successfully today!

Regarding your problems running the RUU, make sure your bootloader is relocked when you run it (command: fastboot oem lock).

Also, make sure you're in fastboot when you run the RUU (I didn't see this written anywhere, but saw it in a youtube video).

One more thing: I had the same problem as you, where it says it's sending but never does.. For me it was a Windows driver issue. What fixed it for me was a mixture of unplugging/replugging the USB and restarting the tablet and the PC. Sorry, it was all so frustrating I don't remember exactly what worked. But keeping your Device Manager open in Windows and watching for the tablet to pop in and out of that window as it reboots may give you some awareness on whether the drivers are the problem. I know for sure when running Revolutionary, simply unplugging the USB and plugging it back in fixed it.

I hope this is helpful and isn't out of line, as I'm not as knowledgeable as most on these forums!
Hi,

Thanks for taking time to post. The tablet was successfully rooted (in OS 3.x) before everything went horribly wrong, but my problem remains getting the device downgraded to an earlier OS version (2.x) so that I can change S-ON to S-OFF before upgrading to a later OS (4.x).

So, I'm currently rooted but have come to a haltl getting the OS upgraded (or downgraded!). The file misc_version seems to have worked its magic according to 'fastboot getvar al'l, but just updating via a zipped ROM on the SD card still reports it's an older version (whilst going through the checks in FASTBOOT mode) and aborts the process.

The flyer is indeed relocked (as per the command you mentioned) but I might just try the RUU again and see what happens, trying your suggestion re. USB and the drivers, etc.

Thanks,

Tags
flyer, s-off