Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cant install Mackay Omni rom Error: invalid partition layout

Tip us?

galaxys3lover
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 638

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Cant install Mackay Omni rom Error: invalid partition layout

Hey guys , i have a captivate running the sephi xperia themed cyanogen mod rom , an older version i havent updated the phone in a while , and i thought i would , so i downloaded the mackay omni rom 4.4.2 and tried flashing it after the usual wipes , but the installation aborted with the error with the partition layout , i have the CWM recovery but its from last year (should i update it? if so could someone point me to the thread with the latest verions?) , if thats not the problem , i have partitoned my sd card so that i can use link2sd and send app data to sd card , is that causing the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated , its been awhile sinc i ve used the captivate , sorry for the noob questions .

BWolf56
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1682

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxys3lover View Post
Hey guys , i have a captivate running the sephi xperia themed cyanogen mod rom , an older version i havent updated the phone in a while , and i thought i would , so i downloaded the mackay omni rom 4.4.2 and tried flashing it after the usual wipes , but the installation aborted with the error with the partition layout , i have the CWM recovery but its from last year (should i update it? if so could someone point me to the thread with the latest verions?) , if thats not the problem , i have partitoned my sd card so that i can use link2sd and send app data to sd card , is that causing the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated , its been awhile sinc i ve used the captivate , sorry for the noob questions .
Chances are that you need to update your recovery.
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
Galaxy S III I747m
ROM: AOKP 4.4.4
Kernel: KT747
Modem: ND3
Launcher: Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.