[Q] Cant install Mackay Omni rom Error: invalid partition layout

OP galaxys3lover

10th May 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 657

1,068 posts
Donate to Me
Hey guys , i have a captivate running the sephi xperia themed cyanogen mod rom , an older version i havent updated the phone in a while , and i thought i would , so i downloaded the mackay omni rom 4.4.2 and tried flashing it after the usual wipes , but the installation aborted with the error with the partition layout , i have the CWM recovery but its from last year (should i update it? if so could someone point me to the thread with the latest verions?) , if thats not the problem , i have partitoned my sd card so that i can use link2sd and send app data to sd card , is that causing the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated , its been awhile sinc i ve used the captivate , sorry for the noob questions .
12th May 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais
Thanks Meter: 1,706

3,888 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxys3lover

Hey guys , i have a captivate running the sephi xperia themed cyanogen mod rom , an older version i havent updated the phone in a while , and i thought i would , so i downloaded the mackay omni rom 4.4.2 and tried flashing it after the usual wipes , but the installation aborted with the error with the partition layout , i have the CWM recovery but its from last year (should i update it? if so could someone point me to the thread with the latest verions?) , if thats not the problem , i have partitoned my sd card so that i can use link2sd and send app data to sd card , is that causing the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated , its been awhile sinc i ve used the captivate , sorry for the noob questions .

Chances are that you need to update your recovery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread