Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Switching to ATT - SIM Card Advice Please?

OP JeffinAZ

11th May 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Upon receipt of my new One Plus One phone (which I will be ordering as soon as available), I will need to switch my service to ATT from Verizon.
I noticed they have several different SIM card options--which one would work best?
11th May 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 127

190 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinAZ

Upon receipt of my new One Plus One phone (which I will be ordering as soon as available), I will need to switch my service to ATT from Verizon.
I noticed they have several different SIM card options--which one would work best?

The OnePlus ONE is compatible with microSIM cards.
The Following User Says Thank You to treChoy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by treChoy

The OnePlus ONE is compatible with microSIM cards.

Thanks but to clarify, ATT offers several different SIM card choices which depend upon the type of phone you have (e.g. Apple, Blackberry, Android etc.). Since I have never used ATT, I will need to specify which card for them to send. They do not offer a One Plus One option currently.
The "Android" SIM card, maybe?
11th May 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,226

4,516 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinAZ

Thanks but to clarify, ATT offers several different SIM card choices which depend upon the type of phone you have (e.g. Apple, Blackberry, Android etc.). Since I have never used ATT, I will need to specify which card for them to send. They do not offer a One Plus One option currently.
The "Android" SIM card, maybe?

Just get the LTE smartphone one. There's no Android one they just label them that way cause consumers don't know jack about their devices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FuMMoD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #5  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,781

13,527 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuMMoD

Just get the LTE smartphone one. There's no Android one they just label them that way cause consumers don't know jack about their devices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

For a while, BlackBerrys had special plans. The SIMs were the same but the BB plans had some weird nonstandard firewall/proxy settings for their APNs.

I think having "Apple" set on your plan does some weird stuff with Visual Voicemail. So you want a generic non-Apple and non-Blackberry smartphone plan.

BTW you might want to take a look at Straight Talk's micro-SIMs. Available with AT&T's network at much cheaper rates than AT&T for a 2GB plan.
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread