Ask a question

No registration required

Stock Mail app doesn't sync read/unread email on 4.4.2

OP marriedgeek

12th May 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
My verzion S4 was recently updated from 4.3 to 4.4.2. I use the stock Mail app with my own IMAP/SMTP server. Up until the upgrade, I had no issues. Particularly, my read/unread emails would be reflected on my phone appropriately.

However, after the 4.4.2 update, while I now get a "push" option (FINALLY!), I've noticed it's not syncing whether messages are read or unread. Meaning, an email will come in and show up on my phone and computer, but if I read it on the computer, it no longer reflects as being read on the phone. The previous mail app had no issue with this.

Is this a known issue? Is there a work-around? Thanks.
12th May 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 23

170 posts
More
CloudMagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by marriedgeek

My verzion S4 was recently updated from 4.3 to 4.4.2. I use the stock Mail app with my own IMAP/SMTP server. Up until the upgrade, I had no issues. Particularly, my read/unread emails would be reflected on my phone appropriately.

However, after the 4.4.2 update, while I now get a "push" option (FINALLY!), I've noticed it's not syncing whether messages are read or unread. Meaning, an email will come in and show up on my phone and computer, but if I read it on the computer, it no longer reflects as being read on the phone. The previous mail app had no issue with this.

Is this a known issue? Is there a work-around? Thanks.

Hi,

I use CloudMagic, and is fantastic.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread