Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 46,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock Mail app doesn't sync read/unread email on 4.4.2

Tip us?

marriedgeek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Stock Mail app doesn't sync read/unread email on 4.4.2

My verzion S4 was recently updated from 4.3 to 4.4.2. I use the stock Mail app with my own IMAP/SMTP server. Up until the upgrade, I had no issues. Particularly, my read/unread emails would be reflected on my phone appropriately.

However, after the 4.4.2 update, while I now get a "push" option (FINALLY!), I've noticed it's not syncing whether messages are read or unread. Meaning, an email will come in and show up on my phone and computer, but if I read it on the computer, it no longer reflects as being read on the phone. The previous mail app had no issue with this.

Is this a known issue? Is there a work-around? Thanks.

tiagoggama
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Default CloudMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marriedgeek View Post
My verzion S4 was recently updated from 4.3 to 4.4.2. I use the stock Mail app with my own IMAP/SMTP server. Up until the upgrade, I had no issues. Particularly, my read/unread emails would be reflected on my phone appropriately.

However, after the 4.4.2 update, while I now get a "push" option (FINALLY!), I've noticed it's not syncing whether messages are read or unread. Meaning, an email will come in and show up on my phone and computer, but if I read it on the computer, it no longer reflects as being read on the phone. The previous mail app had no issue with this.

Is this a known issue? Is there a work-around? Thanks.

Hi,

I use CloudMagic, and is fantastic.