Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

[Q] I'm still on 4.2.2 which came on the phone the day it was released...

OP loudaccord

9th May 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28

434 posts
More
Stock touchwiz and all, didn't flash any roms but I am rooted with unlocked bootloader. Any mod I've ever wanted, I was able to do through xposed or just flash some small file. My questions is, are there any benefits to changing roms? If so, what TW rom would you guys suggest?
10th May 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #2  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 88

316 posts
More
ThaCh0de's CockNRom v9.2.3.1 with XBrickMyPhoneX kernel seems to do the trick for me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
10th May 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #3  
Flag Scarborough, ME
Thanks Meter: 452

1,623 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudaccord

Stock touchwiz and all, didn't flash any roms but I am rooted with unlocked bootloader. Any mod I've ever wanted, I was able to do through xposed or just flash some small file. My questions is, are there any benefits to changing roms? If so, what TW rom would you guys suggest?

Woohoo! Don't loose that MDK bootloader! You're one of the lucky/smart ones that didn't take an OTA update.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
10th May 2014, 07:44 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 81

150 posts
Quote:

Install or update TWRP with Goomanager if you're on an old recovery. Just click install openrecoveryscript, that easy.

Stock TW KitKat: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2721118

There are lots of improvements in JB and KK, as well as a couple fixable "issues" (e.g. sd card).
10th May 2014, 09:42 AM   |  #5  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 3

51 posts
More
You can sell it to me and then I will give you my phone, that would be the best thing for the world.
10th May 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

434 posts
More
Definitely gonna keep my MDK bootloader. The funny thing that's making me want to change is the App to SD card feature in the updates.

I'll make the switch from CWM to TWRP and give stock TW KK a shot. Are there any GS5 ROMs for us? I feel so out of it lol.

I've been flashing since the OG Droid and had close to 10 rooted phones but after getting my GS4 and having everything working perfect(including the mods, I.e. WiFi Ap), I just left it
10th May 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 415

1,160 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Definitely gonna keep my MDK bootloader. The funny thing that's making me want to change is the App to SD card feature in the updates.

I'll make the switch from CWM to TWRP and give stock TW KK a shot. Are there any GS5 ROMs for us? I feel so out of it lol.

I've been flashing since the OG Droid and had close to 10 rooted phones but after getting my GS4 and having everything working perfect(including the mods, I.e. WiFi Ap), I just left it

Some roms like echoe have some galaxy s5 ui

Give it a try http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2702592
10th May 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

434 posts
More
Sweet, I'll give it a go. Thanks!
11th May 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #9  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,918

3,754 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sweet, I'll give it a go. Thanks!

I'd use Flashify from the Play Store to update to a new recovery. Using Goo or ROM Manager can lead to possibly having to Odin back to stock and start fresh... Couldn't tell you exactly why but it's happened to a few of us including me.

Also... Go for a ROM like C ROM, Mahdi, or Liquid Smooth... Ditch TW

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
12th May 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #10  
Flag Washington, WV
Thanks Meter: 12

143 posts
More
I too have MDK so.... ! I am running Hyperdrive RLS 15 and it runs flawless. Loads of extra features if you like that sort of stuff. I used the Ktoonz Kernel with it so it comes with the KTweaker App for complete control over the kernel. Loads of battery life. Its 4.3 but if you want 4.4 then wait about a week or so and Sbreen94 will have it released (atleast that is his current time frame).
Last edited by Volvogia; 12th May 2014 at 03:47 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread