Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 53,348 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Use Research Download (Spredtrum ROM Flash)

Tip us?
 
Ravage32
Old
(Last edited by Ravage32; 14th February 2014 at 06:29 AM.)
#1  
Ravage32's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 72
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rangiora

 
DONATE TO ME
Phone [GUIDE] Use Research Download (Spredtrum ROM Flash)

How To Use Research Download!

Hey all! I was looking around the web and i didn't seem able to find a actually proper tutorial on how to
use research download for flashing phones and such. It not necessarily difficult it just took me a while to
figure out how to use when i first started using it so i thought I'd make a tutorial for anyone who doesn't
know it

Glossary
Flash: To overwrite your phones existing software with another.
Rom: Firmware for your phone.
.pac file: File in which research download uses.

Before this it is important to have the VCOM drivers for you phone installed on your computer. (Links Below)



To start go ahead and press the first gear button. This will open up a browse menu



Use the menu to browse for where your .pac file for your phone is saved. These files are usually given
from the phones manufacture. The browse menu can only open .pac files.



Once the file is loaded you can tell, you will be able to see the name on the bar (as shown).
Next press the second gear to open up the settings menu.



1. How much to port (self explanatory)
2. Bautrate. Leave this at 115200 unless your phone manufacture said otherwise. This works for the SC6820.
3. This will be automatically selected once you load the .pac file.
4. Where all the files are stored. You can actually extract these once you load a .pac file hehe :P .
5. Name of Each file. If its ticked it will be flashed. You can untick things you don't want to be flashed.
6. This is just if your going to build a .pac file from parts, don't worry about it that's a whole other thing.

Once your don't editing the settings you can go ahead and press Ok.



After your done press the arrow like button. This will start the process and have it ready for your phone.
Take the battery out of your phone now for at least 15 seconds. Place it back and plug in the usb while
simultaneously holding the volume down button. You should see in research download that it has started
flashing! ( You can let go of the volume key now :P) When it is finished just press the stop button and
disconnect your phone!

Feel free to ask questions, but PLEASE don't quote this whole thing. Quote sections!
Cheers!

Links
Research Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1g...0R2.9.7002.zip
Drivers: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cy...s%20LATEST.zip
If i helped you...Hit That THANKS Button!!!
=============================================

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ravage32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
stream13
Old
(Last edited by stream13; 2nd April 2014 at 07:13 AM.)
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 23
Join Date: Mar 2014
Fail: Preserve Calibration fail (cannot find nv item in nv) What does it mean?

I just made up the PAC file with NV = mtd6.backupfixnv.yaffs2.img extracted from other phone (same model). This is what was supposed to be done isn't it? Is the error saying that I got a wrong nvitem file or something?

I couldn't extract nvitem.bin file so I just pointed it to the mtd6.backupfixnv.yaffs2.img file.

Thanks ...
 
brijeshep
Old
#3  
brijeshep's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2026
Posts: 720
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ►KERALA◄
Good Guide!

All steps are described clearly...

But in the case of Spredtrum YXTEL G926 (Clone of Galaxy Ace) we have to UNCHECK all the items in Calibration Tab also....



♫♪☼☻►◄ All My Works on XDA ►◄☻☼♪♫
Devices: Xolo q700s, Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830), Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300),
YXTEL G926, Micromax Canvas 2+,Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830i)


News: [4.4.2 Update] [Beta] Xolo Q700S gets an official beta version of Android KitKat!
 
Ravage32
Old
#4  
Ravage32's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 72
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rangiora

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brijeshep View Post
But in the case of Spredtrum YXTEL G926 (Clone of Galaxy Ace) we have to UNCHECK all the items in Calibration Tab also....
Thanks for the feedback. I don't have one of those phones so i was not aware of that . Cheers
If i helped you...Hit That THANKS Button!!!
=============================================

 
Java Baba
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Buxar
Unhappy Not working for Micromax Bolt A34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravage32 View Post
How To Use Research Download!

Hey all! I was looking around the web and i didn't seem able to find a actually proper tutorial on how to
use research download for flashing phones and such. It not necessarily difficult it just took me a while to
figure out how to use when i first started using it so i thought I'd make a tutorial for anyone who doesn't
know it

Glossary
Flash: To overwrite your phones existing software with another.
Rom: Firmware for your phone.
.pac file: File in which research download uses.

Before this it is important to have the VCOM drivers for you phone installed on your computer. (Links Below)



To start go ahead and press the first gear button. This will open up a browse menu



Use the menu to browse for where your .pac file for your phone is saved. These files are usually given
from the phones manufacture. The browse menu can only open .pac files.



Once the file is loaded you can tell, you will be able to see the name on the bar (as shown).
Next press the second gear to open up the settings menu.



1. How much to port (self explanatory)
2. Bautrate. Leave this at 115200 unless your phone manufacture said otherwise. This works for the SC6820.
3. This will be automatically selected once you load the .pac file.
4. Where all the files are stored. You can actually extract these once you load a .pac file hehe :P .
5. Name of Each file. If its ticked it will be flashed. You can untick things you don't want to be flashed.
6. This is just if your going to build a .pac file from parts, don't worry about it that's a whole other thing.

Once your don't editing the settings you can go ahead and press Ok.



After your done press the arrow like button. This will start the process and have it ready for your phone.
Take the battery out of your phone now for at least 15 seconds. Place it back and plug in the usb while
simultaneously holding the volume down button. You should see in research download that it has started
flashing! ( You can let go of the volume key now :P) When it is finished just press the stop button and
disconnect your phone!

Feel free to ask questions, but PLEASE don't quote this whole thing. Quote sections!
Cheers!

Links
Research Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1g...0R2.9.7002.zip
Drivers: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cy...s%20LATEST.zip
Here is what i had done:
1.Loaded all the required drivers which include com port driver,usb debug drivers.
2.Loaded .pac firmware file into research downloader,baud rate selected 115200, and in windows PORTS also.
3.Clicked on play button and pressed volume down (and up key - next time) button then plugged in the micro usb cable.
4.It start detecting two ports vendor specific and status changes to CHECKING BAUDRATE which never ends.

My device is just refusing BOOT after the BOLT logo.
 
soko89
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Baba View Post
Here is what i had done:
1.Loaded all the required drivers which include com port driver,usb debug drivers.
2.Loaded .pac firmware file into research downloader,baud rate selected 115200, and in windows PORTS also.
3.Clicked on play button and pressed volume down (and up key - next time) button then plugged in the micro usb cable.
4.It start detecting two ports vendor specific and status changes to CHECKING BAUDRATE which never ends.

My device is just refusing BOOT after the BOLT logo.
i have the same problem =/
 
Ravage32
Old
#7  
Ravage32's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 72
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rangiora

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by soko89 View Post
i have the same problem =/
Have you tried changing the budrate? For spreadtrum SP6820 the default is 115200 for other phones im not sure what i would be, have a go with different ones and see which ones work Cheers
If i helped you...Hit That THANKS Button!!!
=============================================

 
Zacktamondo
Old
#8  
Zacktamondo's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Zacktamondo Land
Question Help Me Please...

Can you please help me by any way to add a new language to the .pac file.
I couldn't decompile the system.img file which extracted from the official .pac file by Research Download.
I just want any way to edit the extracted system.img or a way to create a custom system.img.
Note: I have another .pac file contain the wanted language but it doesn't work on the device.
Thanks in advance
My Devices


Device: Prestigio PMP5580C Duo |ROM: CyanogenMod 11 |Recovery: CWM.
Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray | ROM: Sony stock rom | ROOTED . SOLD
Device: Sony Ericsson K800i
Device: Sony Ericsson K770i Away

Don't Forget To Thank Me If I Helped You

Tags
pac file, research download, sc6820, spreadtrum, tutorial
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...