Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 41,438 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help to put on GSM only mode

Tip us?

Reardon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbaaz View Post
So changing value to 2 worked for you?
yes it's working and and showing WCDMA Preferred in the network's settings. but i don't know if i my 3g is working or not because it's onyl showing Same Icon of GSM at top. not icon of 3G or anything.

but i am getting above 150kbps speed in downloading before it was not this high. what does it means ?

irbaaz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reardon View Post
yes it's working and and showing WCDMA Preferred in the network's settings. but i don't know if i my 3g is working or not because it's onyl showing Same Icon of GSM at top. not icon of 3G or anything.

but i am getting above 150kbps speed in downloading before it was not this high. what does it means ?
Lg g2 sprint doesnt has 3g icon it always show gsm icon wether you are in 2g or 3g.

Reardon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Lg g2 sprint doesnt has 3g icon it always show gsm icon wether you are in 2g or 3g.
ohh thanks for the info. and what about you ? did your build prob worked or not ?

irbaaz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
ohh thanks for the info. and what about you ? did your build prob worked or not ?
Now i am doing backup of my device , i dont want to loose data like last after that i am going to try about in next 10 min.
One last question do you have busybox installed?

Reardon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Now i am doing backup of my device , i dont want to loose data like last after that i am going to try about in next 10 min.
One last question do you have busybox installed?
yes busy box is installed. but i don't know what are the functions of it ?

irbaaz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
yes busy box is installed. but i don't know what are the functions of it ?
not worked for me i was trying it to set to gsm only but it is still on HSPA network.

Reardon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
not worked for me i was trying it to set to gsm only but it is still on HSPA network.
mine was setted to GSM/UMTS then i changed the telephony value. try this first change it from network to GSM/UMTS then change the value may be it will work. ?