Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Using T-Mobile or Other Firmware on AT&T Note 3?

OP hyelton

11th May 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Wilmington
Thanks Meter: 2,765

5,541 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is it possible? Thinking about Getting a Note 3, But I don`t like the changes AT&T makes. For an example The data icons AT&T puts in there and all the AT&T to go junk. Anyone Flash T-Mobile or other firmwares on there AT&T Note 3? Back when I had my AT&T Note 1 I flashed the N7005 International Rom on it, same went with my Note 2.
11th May 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 435

1,222 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyelton

Is it possible? Thinking about Getting a Note 3, But I don`t like the changes AT&T makes. For an example The data icons AT&T puts in there and all the AT&T to go junk. Anyone Flash T-Mobile or other firmwares on there AT&T Note 3? Back when I had my AT&T Note 1 I flashed the N7005 International Rom on it, same went with my Note 2.

The SM-N900A or at&t note 3 has a locked bootloader. This prevents us from installing a custom recovery and flashing other firmware. So unfortunately at this time you won't be able to flash anything. If you were to obtain one anyway and it came preloaded with Kit Kat, you won't even be able to obtain root access. If you are lucky enough to obtain one with android 4.3 you can obtain root. There's even a work around for 4.3 called safestrap. Safestrap allows us to install tweeked roms. But there's not that many of them compared to the previous note versions you use to have.

Many at&t note 3 owners have sold or traded for the T-Mobile variant. The T-Mobile note 3 bootloader is unlocked.

I hope that gives you some insight.
The Following User Says Thank You to 440bro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #3  
Flag Wilmington

5,541 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro

The SM-N900A or at&t note 3 has a locked bootloader. This prevents us from installing a custom recovery and flashing other firmware. So unfortunately at this time you won't be able to flash anything. If you were to obtain one anyway and it came preloaded with Kit Kat, you won't even be able to obtain root access. If you are lucky enough to obtain one with android 4.3 you can obtain root. There's even a work around for 4.3 called safestrap. Safestrap allows us to install tweeked roms. But there's not that many of them compared to the previous note versions you use to have.

Many at&t note 3 owners have sold or traded for the T-Mobile variant. The T-Mobile note 3 bootloader is unlocked.

I hope that gives you some insight.

Thank you! Must be the reason why the T-Mobile one will cost me about $35 more used. If I got the T-Mobile Version I might not even root. I just hate what AT&T Does with the Software.
12th May 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Wilmington

5,541 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is there even root on theAT&T Note 3? on 4.4.2? I dont care about tripping Knox as long as it doesnt harm anything
12th May 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #5  
California
Thanks Meter: 87

815 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyelton

Is there even root on theAT&T Note 3? on 4.4.2? I dont care about tripping Knox as long as it doesnt harm anything

No. There is no root for 4.4.2 as of yet. Avoid the ATT version if at all possible.

BTW thanks for hosting those LG firmwares. It has been very helpful in returning my phones to oem state.
Last edited by whatsitsnamenow; 12th May 2014 at 05:19 PM.
12th May 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #6  
Flag Wilmington

5,541 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsitsnamenow

No. There is no root for 4.4.2 as of yet. Avoid the ATT version if at all possible.

BTW thanks for hosting those LG firmwares. It has been very helpful in returning my phones to oem state.

Theres a local Note 3 well somewhat local Note 3 but its AT&T

Been looking at a T-mobile Note 3 for a few days on Swappa for $435
12th May 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #7  
California
Thanks Meter: 87

815 posts
What's the price difference between the 2? I would try the Att if you can get it for under 370. If over that I would do the T-Mobile version. The unlock bootloader is worth it. Just make sure it is paid off (T-Mobile version) before you buy it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread