FORUMS

T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Battery Woes

I’ve been using a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 since the device launched with T-mobile’s … more

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

[Q] Short Knox question

867 posts
Thanks Meter: 320
 
By Aronuser, Senior Member on 11th May 2014, 04:25 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
If I trip knox, is there anything more happening despite that my warranty could be void and I couldn't use Knox apps?

(example: not beeing able to flash certain things or entering recovery etc.)

Thank you!
 
 
11th May 2014, 04:45 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 269
 
More
Just the warranty bit nothing else

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to fburgos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2014, 04:52 PM |#3  
Aronuser's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 320
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fburgos

Just the warranty bit nothing else

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Aight, thank you for the quick response man!

maybe one last question,

are there ways to avoid tripping it always, or is it more like "if you go customizing it fully you'll automatically have the Knox triggered"?
11th May 2014, 08:37 PM |#4  
rrgrrg's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 4,180
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronuser

Aight, thank you for the quick response man!

maybe one last question,

are there ways to avoid tripping it always, or is it more like "if you go customizing it fully you'll automatically have the Knox triggered"?

to avoid this is by not using odin to flash bootloader\downgrade\custom recovery or custom kernel
if u touch the bootloader\kernel\recovery or downgrade or used odin to do so u will knox it up ... i knoxed my device as
it got into a bootloop
The Following User Says Thank You to rrgrrg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2014, 09:00 PM |#5  
Aronuser's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 320
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrgrrg

to avoid this is by not using odin to flash bootloader\downgrade\custom recovery or custom kernel
if u touch the bootloader\kernel\recovery or downgrade or used odin to do so u will knox it up ... i knoxed my device as
it got into a bootloop

Thank you!
11th May 2014, 11:52 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 269
 
More
You can root using saferoot an customize with xposed framework, remove bloatware and everythin that not involve flashing with Odin

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to fburgos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2014, 04:40 PM |#7  
Aronuser's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 320
 
More
It's not android without a custom recovery and kernel etc.
Also stock was kinda slow!


So I knoxed it up now lol

Gonna install paranoidandroid on it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes