Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,232 Members 38,300 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to reset battery counter

Tip us?

Fede37
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] How to reset battery counter

Hello fellas, I just have that question. How do I reset the battery meter that is built-in? I'm running the stock US retail firmware - 4.4.2 Please find an attached pic in case you don't know what the hell I'm talking about
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-02-20-45-34[1].png
Views:	131
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	2722334  

Hukanawa
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fede37 View Post
Hello fellas, I just have that question. How do I reset the battery meter that is built-in? I'm running the stock US retail firmware - 4.4.2 Please find an attached pic in case you don't know what the hell I'm talking about
Charge it to 100% and let it charge for two hours more.. that will recalibrate the battery. If you have a custom recovery, charge the phone to 100% and then boot into your recovery Advanced>Wipe Battery Stats.... That should do it! BTW, how is the battery life and have you encountered any issues with your moto G?
The Following User Says Thank You to Hukanawa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blockbusta
Old
Thanks Meter 105
if you just want to have the usage data in settings --> battery removed just charge it to 100 %.

if you wan to recalibrate the battery:
charge to 100% when turned off. use till it's it shuts off. charge again to full while turned on.
GALAXY S--> GALAXY NEXUS --> GALAXY S3 --> ONE X --> MOTO G

Fede37
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by blockbusta View Post
if you just want to have the usage data in settings --> battery removed just charge it to 100 %.

if you wan to recalibrate the battery:
charge to 100% when turned off. use till it's it shuts off. charge again to full while turned on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hukanawa View Post
Charge it to 100% and let it charge for two hours more.. that will recalibrate the battery. If you have a custom recovery, charge the phone to 100% and then boot into your recovery Advanced>Wipe Battery Stats.... That should do it! BTW, how is the battery life and have you encountered any issues with your moto G?
Thanks, but I didn't mean recalibrate it. I meant how do you reset that counter (as seen in the screenshot) Is any other methoed BESIDES charging it to 100%?

blockbusta
Old
Thanks Meter 105
factory reset works to, lol. I You could try to wipe cache in recovery, this should be also working with stock recovery.
GALAXY S--> GALAXY NEXUS --> GALAXY S3 --> ONE X --> MOTO G

Fede37
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Will try! Thanks a lot

Sent from my XT1032

Fede37
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Whenever you charge the phone over 90%, the count is reset. Just wanted to let you know that

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

Tags
battery, kit kat, metter, reset