Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,008 Members 51,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WIFI authentication problem after heartbleed

Tip us?

lucaurso
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default WIFI authentication problem after heartbleed

Hi!
I'm not able to login into my university's wifi network after they changed certificates for the heartbleed bug.
I can access to the network with all my other devices (nexus 7 2013 and macbook pro) but not with my moto g.
My university has 2 wifi networks called "USI" and "USI-5", if i'm not wrong USI-5 has an additional layer of encryption.
When I try to connect to USI, it says "Authentication problem" but USI-5 is not visible anymore from my moto g.

There's a way to check if it is trying to use an old certificate? I tried to to "Forget Network", reboot, airplane mode.. etc.. with no success.
The strange thing is that when I forget USI and try to reconnect again, it doesn't ask me for my username and password, that should be normal since it is a close wifi network.
I checked the file on /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf --> USI-5 is not listed (probably because I removed it) and USI looks like this
network={
ssid="USI"
key_mgmt=WPA-EAP IEEE8021X
eap=SIM AKA
priority=72
proactive_key_caching=1
}

lucaurso
Old
(Last edited by lucaurso; 12th May 2014 at 05:37 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaurso View Post
Hi!
I'm not able to login into my university's wifi network after they changed certificates for the heartbleed bug.
I can access to the network with all my other devices (nexus 7 2013 and macbook pro) but not with my moto g.
My university has 2 wifi networks called "USI" and "USI-5", if i'm not wrong USI-5 has an additional layer of encryption.
When I try to connect to USI, it says "Authentication problem" but USI-5 is not visible anymore from my moto g.

There's a way to check if it is trying to use an old certificate? I tried to to "Forget Network", reboot, airplane mode.. etc.. with no success.
The strange thing is that when I forget USI and try to reconnect again, it doesn't ask me for my username and password, that should be normal since it is a close wifi network.
I checked the file on /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf --> USI-5 is not listed (probably because I removed it) and USI looks like this
network={
ssid="USI"
key_mgmt=WPA-EAP IEEE8021X
eap=SIM AKA
priority=72
proactive_key_caching=1
}
I solved the problem by modifying network settings as follows: EAP method: PEAP, phase 2 authentication: none