FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Help! I think I bricked my phone :[

12th May 2014, 07:05 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
So I was installing the rom and followed all the steps.
This rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2726868
I was on the step about odin. It was installing, but then it stopped and said it failed.
Now I am stuck on a screen that says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again".
I can't seem to enter recovery anymore. Did I just brick my phone or is there a way out and what is Kies?
Please help. Thank you!
 
 
12th May 2014, 07:34 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriel161

So I was installing the rom and followed all the steps.
This rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2726868
I was on the step about odin. It was installing, but then it stopped and said it failed.
Now I am stuck on a screen that says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again".
I can't seem to enter recovery anymore. Did I just brick my phone or is there a way out and what is Kies?
Please help. Thank you!

Please give more info,
what were you on nc2, mk2 ?
12th May 2014, 07:38 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknow101

Please give more info,
what were you on nc2, mk2 ?

I was on Mk2
12th May 2014, 09:00 AM |#4  
TMK216's Avatar
Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Odin back to stock and try again.

Sent from my KitKat S4
12th May 2014, 10:10 AM |#5  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,654
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriel161

I was on Mk2

In case you need mk2 Odin files
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
12th May 2014, 05:29 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
40982999983
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMK216

Odin back to stock and try again.

Sent from my KitKat S4

Cool, thanks it worked
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes