Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is it really that hard to make money creating Apps?

OP MarkRevenant

9th May 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I'm currently not getting enough shifts from work and have decided to make a some what decent endless game with all the spare time i have. I'm almost halfway through it but due to my lack of programming skills I'm finding it a bit of grind trying to finish it. My current goal is to make $1000 from this game or at least make back my developer fee and license fee for the software that I'm using. I've heard most people struggle to even make $95 which has got me a bit worried if this is just a giant waste of time.

I was wondering if someone could give me some perspective of how many downloads, active users and ad clicks i would need to make $1000 ideally within 2 months. Because I'm going on family vacation soon.
12th May 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Bump
12th May 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #3  

41 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkRevenant

I'm currently not getting enough shifts from work and have decided to make a some what decent endless game with all the spare time i have. I'm almost halfway through it but due to my lack of programming skills I'm finding it a bit of grind trying to finish it. My current goal is to make $1000 from this game or at least make back my developer fee and license fee for the software that I'm using. I've heard most people struggle to even make $95 which has got me a bit worried if this is just a giant waste of time.

I was wondering if someone could give me some perspective of how many downloads, active users and ad clicks i would need to make $1000 ideally within 2 months. Because I'm going on family vacation soon.

Create a great app/game, and release a trial-version, then when people are hooked, they'll buy your app/game. Good luck, and godspeed on your vacation!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread