Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,056 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is it really that hard to make money creating Apps?

Tip us?

MarkRevenant
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is it really that hard to make money creating Apps?

I'm currently not getting enough shifts from work and have decided to make a some what decent endless game with all the spare time i have. I'm almost halfway through it but due to my lack of programming skills I'm finding it a bit of grind trying to finish it. My current goal is to make $1000 from this game or at least make back my developer fee and license fee for the software that I'm using. I've heard most people struggle to even make $95 which has got me a bit worried if this is just a giant waste of time.

I was wondering if someone could give me some perspective of how many downloads, active users and ad clicks i would need to make $1000 ideally within 2 months. Because I'm going on family vacation soon.

MarkRevenant
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Bump

maaljen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkRevenant View Post
I'm currently not getting enough shifts from work and have decided to make a some what decent endless game with all the spare time i have. I'm almost halfway through it but due to my lack of programming skills I'm finding it a bit of grind trying to finish it. My current goal is to make $1000 from this game or at least make back my developer fee and license fee for the software that I'm using. I've heard most people struggle to even make $95 which has got me a bit worried if this is just a giant waste of time.

I was wondering if someone could give me some perspective of how many downloads, active users and ad clicks i would need to make $1000 ideally within 2 months. Because I'm going on family vacation soon.
Create a great app/game, and release a trial-version, then when people are hooked, they'll buy your app/game. Good luck, and godspeed on your vacation!