Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,988 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

straight to recovery

Tip us?

kieeps
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default straight to recovery

My boss handed me a HTC desire today and asked me whats wrong with it, it's not rooted or anything but it goes straight to recovery it seems... this usualy isn't a problem but i cant seem to navigate in the recovery. the text clearly say vol up down and power to navigate as it usualy is in most recoverys but it's like it's stuck...

any ideas why this is? is this a common problem? i'w never had a HTC myself since i tend to stick to my samsung phones.

lilsafbig
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieeps View Post
My boss handed me a HTC desire today and asked me whats wrong with it, it's not rooted or anything but it goes straight to recovery it seems... this usualy isn't a problem but i cant seem to navigate in the recovery. the text clearly say vol up down and power to navigate as it usualy is in most recoverys but it's like it's stuck...

any ideas why this is? is this a common problem? i'w never had a HTC myself since i tend to stick to my samsung phones.
Can you get into the bootloader?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using XDA Free mobile app

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1307
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsafbig View Post
Can you get into the bootloader?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using XDA Free mobile app
He is in bootloader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieeps View Post

Erm, strange that u cant select anything, try pull the battery out then put back in then press and hold volume down + power, then see if u can select anything, if so u can try factory reset. If not then the only option i can think of is run a ruu from fastboot coz ur s-on + not rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to jmcclue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]