Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

Why doesn't Samsung update the Touchwiz UI for older devices getting 4.4.2 KitKat?

OP deepen915

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
12th May 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

106 posts
This is just a thought I had. I currently have the S5 with the new Touchwiz UI. I was just wondering. Samsung has released KitKat on older devices like the S4, Note 2 and Note 3. Why do they keep the older UI on those devices? I feel like the S5 UI, as far as notification toggles, settings menu and textures, should be available to users of the older devices. One thing I have to give Apple credit for is that when a new OS, like iOS7 releases, they update the UI on all devices even 3 year old ones like the iPhone 4.

I know this is not a big deal, as our Galaxy devices do a lot more even with an older UI, I just feel like it would unify the Galaxy ecosystem more. Anyone using a phone that is less than a year old but with the latest software update should enjoy the same new UI as newer devices. I also look at HTC as an example. They are updating the One and older HTC devices from 2013 to the Sense 6 UI. Samsung really should start doing this.

Thoughts or further discussion would be great.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread