Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Unable to connect to WiFi

OP HAL33

11th May 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I recently installed KitKat 4.4.2 XXUENC2 on my Note 3, and I didn't notice if it hasn't since, but I can't connect to my three WiFi's anymore. For some time it was stuck in a loop where it try's to obtain a ip address over and over again. When there is two known networks available it tries to connect and then say's "Network disabled because Internet connection is slow", although it is a very fast connection and then it say's "Failed to obtain IP". I've tried three different routers, which I can connect to with my laptop no problem and they were all working when I had 4.3 on the Note 3.

I've tried Wifi Fixer and WiFix, and I can't find anything on google.

Where is the problem here?
Last edited by HAL33; 11th May 2014 at 12:58 AM.
12th May 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,042

4,175 posts
More
Did you try to reset the router?

That'slow internet' error message is an annoying feature that serves no purpose whatsoever. Ignore it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 440

1,065 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL33

I recently installed KitKat 4.4.2 XXUENC2 on my Note 3, and I didn't notice if it hasn't since, but I can't connect to my three WiFi's anymore. For some time it was stuck in a loop where it try's to obtain a ip address over and over again. When there is two known networks available it tries to connect and then say's "Network disabled because Internet connection is slow", although it is a very fast connection and then it say's "Failed to obtain IP". I've tried three different routers, which I can connect to with my laptop no problem and they were all working when I had 4.3 on the Note 3.

I've tried Wifi Fixer and WiFix, and I can't find anything on google.

Where is the problem here?

Keeping 3G 4G Data ON along with wifi? If yes run only wifi & try.
12th May 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdomadia

Keeping 3G 4G Data ON along with wifi? If yes run only wifi & try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

Did you try to reset the router?

That'slow internet' error message is an annoying feature that serves no purpose whatsoever. Ignore it.

Hi thank's. I tried to reset the router but as I found out it was the same for all my Wifi's I don't think it's the problem. Read somewhere that wifi can stop working on some updates. I have since re-installed the os/flashed my phone and now it's working again. I haven't rooted my phone, so if it is the cause and it stops working when I do, I will report back.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread