Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to connect to WiFi

Tip us?
 
HAL33
Old
(Last edited by HAL33; 10th May 2014 at 11:58 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: May 2014
Exclamation [Q] Unable to connect to WiFi

I recently installed KitKat 4.4.2 XXUENC2 on my Note 3, and I didn't notice if it hasn't since, but I can't connect to my three WiFi's anymore. For some time it was stuck in a loop where it try's to obtain a ip address over and over again. When there is two known networks available it tries to connect and then say's "Network disabled because Internet connection is slow", although it is a very fast connection and then it say's "Failed to obtain IP". I've tried three different routers, which I can connect to with my laptop no problem and they were all working when I had 4.3 on the Note 3.

I've tried Wifi Fixer and WiFix, and I can't find anything on google.

Where is the problem here?
 
ShadowLea
Old
#2  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 737
Posts: 3,370
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Enschede, The Netherlands
Did you try to reset the router?

That'slow internet' error message is an annoying feature that serves no purpose whatsoever. Ignore it.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jdomadia
Old
#3  
jdomadia's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 278
Posts: 764
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dubai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL33 View Post
I recently installed KitKat 4.4.2 XXUENC2 on my Note 3, and I didn't notice if it hasn't since, but I can't connect to my three WiFi's anymore. For some time it was stuck in a loop where it try's to obtain a ip address over and over again. When there is two known networks available it tries to connect and then say's "Network disabled because Internet connection is slow", although it is a very fast connection and then it say's "Failed to obtain IP". I've tried three different routers, which I can connect to with my laptop no problem and they were all working when I had 4.3 on the Note 3.

I've tried Wifi Fixer and WiFix, and I can't find anything on google.

Where is the problem here?
Keeping 3G 4G Data ON along with wifi? If yes run only wifi & try.


GIVE ONE THANKS GET ONE FREE
 
HAL33
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdomadia View Post
Keeping 3G 4G Data ON along with wifi? If yes run only wifi & try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea View Post
Did you try to reset the router?

That'slow internet' error message is an annoying feature that serves no purpose whatsoever. Ignore it.
Hi thank's. I tried to reset the router but as I found out it was the same for all my Wifi's I don't think it's the problem. Read somewhere that wifi can stop working on some updates. I have since re-installed the os/flashed my phone and now it's working again. I haven't rooted my phone, so if it is the cause and it stops working when I do, I will report back.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes