Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,222 Members 45,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP won't load in recover. flashing rom fails because of signature verification

Tip us?

alllrite
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] TWRP won't load in recover. flashing rom fails because of signature verification

I have a SGH i317m unlocked from Roger with jb4.3 stock rom. I'm trying to flash DN3 ROM for note 2.
I've rooted the phone and installed TWRP, but when I go to recovery I still get the Android recovery which fails to flash the rom because of "signature verification fail." I've tried installing TWRP recovery, it goes to the website, and then says the download has started, but there is no progress in the download status bar.
I've flashed Rom before but I'm still a novice. Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
alllrite.

shubhojit89
Old
Thanks Meter 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by alllrite View Post
I have a SGH i317m unlocked from Roger with jb4.3 stock rom. I'm trying to flash DN3 ROM for note 2.
I've rooted the phone and installed TWRP, but when I go to recovery I still get the Android recovery which fails to flash the rom because of "signature verification fail." I've tried installing TWRP recovery, it goes to the website, and then says the download has started, but there is no progress in the download status bar.
I've flashed Rom before but I'm still a novice. Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
alllrite.
Disable signature verification while flashing the ROM.. It shows just when you are about to flash the ROM..

alllrite
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default couldn't find that option

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhojit89 View Post
Disable signature verification while flashing the ROM.. It shows just when you are about to flash the ROM..
I didn't get that option when I flashed the rom. my phone is only booting to android recovery. I don't understand why it won't boot to TWRP.
thank you
alllrite

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alllrite View Post
I didn't get that option when I flashed the rom. my phone is only booting to android recovery. I don't understand why it won't boot to TWRP.
thank you
alllrite

If you can't enter TWRP its not installed properly! How did you install TWRP?
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...

alllrite
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default problem resolved

I found a post that suggested down load goomanager and "Open it and hit the menu button. Hit install openrecoveryscript. " this worked and my phone now boots to twrp recovery.
thank you
alllrite

papei
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhojit89 View Post
Isn't it a bit risky to turn the signature verification off. That is one of the reasons I am reluctant to use TWRP. With CWM signature verification is on by default.