Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] TWRP won't load in recover. flashing rom fails because of signature verification

OP alllrite

30th April 2014, 08:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I have a SGH i317m unlocked from Roger with jb4.3 stock rom. I'm trying to flash DN3 ROM for note 2.
I've rooted the phone and installed TWRP, but when I go to recovery I still get the Android recovery which fails to flash the rom because of "signature verification fail." I've tried installing TWRP recovery, it goes to the website, and then says the download has started, but there is no progress in the download status bar.
I've flashed Rom before but I'm still a novice. Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
alllrite.
30th April 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 480

963 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alllrite

I have a SGH i317m unlocked from Roger with jb4.3 stock rom. I'm trying to flash DN3 ROM for note 2.
I've rooted the phone and installed TWRP, but when I go to recovery I still get the Android recovery which fails to flash the rom because of "signature verification fail." I've tried installing TWRP recovery, it goes to the website, and then says the download has started, but there is no progress in the download status bar.
I've flashed Rom before but I'm still a novice. Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
alllrite.

Disable signature verification while flashing the ROM.. It shows just when you are about to flash the ROM..
30th April 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
couldn't find that option
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhojit89

Disable signature verification while flashing the ROM.. It shows just when you are about to flash the ROM..

I didn't get that option when I flashed the rom. my phone is only booting to android recovery. I don't understand why it won't boot to TWRP.
thank you
alllrite
30th April 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #4  
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 591

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alllrite

I didn't get that option when I flashed the rom. my phone is only booting to android recovery. I don't understand why it won't boot to TWRP.
thank you
alllrite

If you can't enter TWRP its not installed properly! How did you install TWRP?
30th April 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
problem resolved
I found a post that suggested down load goomanager and "Open it and hit the menu button. Hit install openrecoveryscript. " this worked and my phone now boots to twrp recovery.
thank you
alllrite
12th May 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #6  
Flag Basel
Thanks Meter: 9

76 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhojit89

Isn't it a bit risky to turn the signature verification off. That is one of the reasons I am reluctant to use TWRP. With CWM signature verification is on by default.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread