Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,819 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashcast & Eureka Rom Question

Tip us?

bjcoenen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Default Flashcast & Eureka Rom Question

Will it ever be possible to flash flashcast and or the Eureka rom to a chromecast that has been updated? I have a rootable serial number but updated before knowing about any of this and it sucks.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 849

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcoenen View Post
Will it ever be possible to flash flashcast and or the Eureka rom to a chromecast that has been updated? I have a rootable serial number but updated before knowing about any of this and it sucks.
Sorry, not at this time.

If/when a method to flash units with firmware newer than 12072, it should apply to all units, as it's really the firmware build that matters. The serial number just gives a reasonably good indicator of whether it comes with the original 12072 firmware build.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'