Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 49,374 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help flashing recovery on VS980

Tip us?

brnkcv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help flashing recovery on VS980

All,

Currently running 4.2.2 12b on Verizon LG G2 rooted with ioroot22. I really want to flash CWM and then either slimkat or CM11. Issue is, there are like a million different threads on how to flash recovery. I have no idea which method is the most reliable at this point or where to get the latest recovery build as there seem to be so many different opinions. One thing I'm sure of is that I don't want TWRP based on the bad experiences folks seems to be having. Can someone please refer to the right website/thread where I can get all the info I need? I'm sick of searching all the threads and getting contradicting info.

brnkcv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
C'mon folks, just a few pointer please. Thanks!

6ril1
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by brnkcv View Post
All,

Currently running 4.2.2 12b on Verizon LG G2 rooted with ioroot22. I really want to flash CWM and then either slimkat or CM11. Issue is, there are like a million different threads on how to flash recovery. I have no idea which method is the most reliable at this point or where to get the latest recovery build as there seem to be so many different opinions. One thing I'm sure of is that I don't want TWRP based on the bad experiences folks seems to be having. Can someone please refer to the right website/thread where I can get all the info I need? I'm sick of searching all the threads and getting contradicting info.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2468858

brnkcv
Old
(Last edited by brnkcv; 8th May 2014 at 09:32 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ril1 View Post
And what about this? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498941

Is the link you provided or this link more current/reliable? Anyone else with an opinion, please comment if you can.

brnkcv
Old
(Last edited by brnkcv; 9th May 2014 at 04:24 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
you can use freegee from playstore
There are reports of major problems with freegee, including bricked phones.

6ril1
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by brnkcv View Post
And what about this? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498941

Is the link you provided or this link more current/reliable? Anyone else with an opinion, please comment if you can.
I have successfully used twice on my D802 in 4.2.2 the .bat method CWM install in the link that I gave you. I've flashed Philz after, in recovery.

brnkcv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
you can use freegee from playstore
FYI, used freegee. Worked flawlessly. Flashed CWM 6.0.4.7 with no cache wipe issues or anything. Works just like it did on my galaxy nexus.