Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 52,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony ENDS Firmware Updates For Xperia S,SL,AcroS OFFICIALLY

Tip us?

Redstarr1
Old
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaiselW View Post
I used to have a xperia t which got stolen and it had a snapdragon s4 and it is nowhere near as fast as my HTC one x with a Tegra 3. Battery life was awful on the xperia t and on my one x (which has a smaller battery).

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
We're going way off topic here. And let me get this straight, you had an Xperia T and now a HTC One X. So at what point did you have an Xperia S(L), Acro S or Ion? Because those are the devices this forum section is about (fuji board based devices that is).

About S4 Plus vs Tegra 3, you can't just compare like that. Did that Xperia T even have JB, because Sony's ICS firmware was very laggy. Most reviewers found the S4 Plus and Tegra 3 to be approximately as fast as each other. Tegra 3 has a better gpu which probably makes it feel more snappy. And bad battery life, compared to modern high end devices, One X and Xperia T had tiny batteries. Xperia Z2 has a 60% bigger battery than One X (and Xperia T because 50 mAh is no difference at all). Let's just say both of those devices had power issues. But there are S4 Plus devices with good battery life, it's just that Sony did a bad job with the Xperia T. On the other hand, most Tegra 3 devices have bad battery life, and it's not surprising considering it's made with 40nm transistors.
My current devices:
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact: Stock 14.4.A.0.108 (for now)
Sony Xperia S: Paranoid Android by deedwar
Google Nexus 7 (2013): Paranoid Android

FaiselW
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstarr1 View Post
We're going way off topic here. And let me get this straight, you had an Xperia T and now a HTC One X. So at what point did you have an Xperia S(L), Acro S or Ion? Because those are the devices this forum section is about (fuji board based devices that is).

About S4 Plus vs Tegra 3, you can't just compare like that. Did that Xperia T even have JB, because Sony's ICS firmware was very laggy. Most reviewers found the S4 Plus and Tegra 3 to be approximately as fast as each other. Tegra 3 has a better gpu which probably makes it feel more snappy. And bad battery life, compared to modern high end devices, One X and Xperia T had tiny batteries. Xperia Z2 has a 60% bigger battery than One X (and Xperia T because 50 mAh is no difference at all). Let's just say both of those devices had power issues. But there are S4 Plus devices with good battery life, it's just that Sony did a bad job with the Xperia T. On the other hand, most Tegra 3 devices have bad battery life, and it's not surprising considering it's made with 40nm transistors.
I have used a xperia s and flashed ROMs before and I found it to be a very bad phone. (It was my brothers)

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fireblade786
Old
Thanks Meter 6
feeling sad after reading this that we old users wont get hands on to the new official apps!!

belek1979
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by <(^^,)> View Post
we saw 3 (GB + ICS + JB )
don't make me laugh. GB was a mistake in flagship cellphone in mid 2012. ICS and JB took a year l8er then competition, and JB is goddamn laggy!
meanwhile sony abandoned AOSP/Google Edition project... Next lie.

I like Sony design, but software is a disaster since they started to cut money on programmers (closed a team in the States), blacks on the screen are washed, bad screen + mobile bravia = awful colors boost, and screen protector instead of gorilla glass -> no more Sony.

sony used to make a good stuff years ago - now it's the worst company on the market.
Nokia 5110... HTC HD, HD2 & ONE, iPhone 3G, 4 & 5, Sony Xperia S
The Following User Says Thank You to belek1979 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xiaopeng0923
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwrongjj View Post
the xperia ion stuck at buggy jb 211 fw. Xperia supporter said that downgrade to ics to solve these issues. Lol

sent from my lt28h using tapatalk 4
yes!!!

6thsurvivor
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Looking at all those .96 ion roms, you could make a bounty pool for a bugfix stock update package for Ion. Not whole rom, only volume bug. I would tip in

Sent from my LT28h using xda app-developers app

s_unnikrishnan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs down Thumbs down

They could have offered atleast JB 4.2 version... 30k wasted for this dumb phone...

Master Limbe
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Honestly, but if you think about it, the Xperia S was the first Sony smartphone. For them to have supported official updates up until that point was actually quite a good thing. We all know how short a phone's life span is; flagship today, archaic tomorrow. Still, we can't help but feel slighted. If anything, they should have pulled through with the ASAP project. That aside, I have Kit Kat running on my Nozomi, there are literally hundreds of ports out there of official apps, inclusive of those "exclusive" to the latest flagship. Personally, I have no reason to complain.

Indeed, it is I.

steve's xperia
Old
Thanks Meter 1
No more for old Sony ( not Ericsson) product now we have to look or buy the new Z2

Sent from my LT26ii using XDA Free mobile app

Tags
xperia s