I've got an unlocked Photon 4G running CM9 - I forget which exact flavor but it was the popular one where the video camera doesn't work and photos can be dodgy, but otherwise is running great. I installed CM9 intending to use this as a wifi-only handheld but now I need mobile data service. I want to add the phone to my Ting account (it's a Sprint MNVO).
- Is there any way to punch in the magic activation codes for Ting without flashing back to Sprint stock ROM?
- If I must flash back to stock to activate, is it even POSSIBLE to do so without nuking Google Authenticator? Every time I've done similar things, all my Google Auth keys stopped working and caused me a HUGE headache.
- Same thing with Verisign's mobile OATH app - the device key changed last time I ever flashed anything and restored from backup. That's less of a hassle to deal with, but can I somehow also avoid having to re-register the device afer flashing to stock, activating, and restoring back?
- Is there now a better option for a STABLE ROM for the Photon 4G than CM9? I'm restoring mobile data to the device for business purposes (e.g. paying my rent) so I need it to be stable and Just F'ing Work as much as possible. Can stand to not have camcorder, and understand WiMax is not happening.
- Is there an easy, fairly non-risky way now to switch this phone's software radio to work with T-Mo's HSPA+? Last I checked it was still really bleeding edge - just curious if it's better now.