Has ART Made a Noticeable Jump in App Performance?

We’ve received mixed reports about switching to ART but it seems that the … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Drop Test

The Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge are already proving to be amongst the head turners of 2015. … more

Consolidated GApps Central

Following the retirement of Paranoid Android GApps Provider TKruzze and subsequent deletion of … more

Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 Receives CyanogenMod 12.1

Released in 2013, the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 is the quad-core Snapdragon … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

New to the HTC M8

12th May 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
178 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Hello Everyone,

As you can tell by the title, im new to this thread. I have a AT&T variant and was wondering there isn't much on the carrier specific thread. So does that mean that the mods and roms here work for it too? or the ones in the carrier specific site are the only ones.
I just want to make sure before i root and go on a crack-flashing marathon.

Thanks in advance
12th May 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Nugget

Hello Everyone,

As you can tell by the title, im new to this thread. I have a AT&T variant and was wondering there isn't much on the carrier specific thread. So does that mean that the mods and roms here work for it too? or the ones in the carrier specific site are the only ones.
I just want to make sure before i root and go on a crack-flashing marathon.

Thanks in advance

Watch this

http://youtu.be/WuHFcGvUjwA
The Following User Says Thank You to umjammerlammy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #3  
xRogerxC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Seven Seas
Thanks Meter: 60
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Nugget

Hello Everyone,

As you can tell by the title, im new to this thread. I have a AT&T variant and was wondering there isn't much on the carrier specific thread. So does that mean that the mods and roms here work for it too? or the ones in the carrier specific site are the only ones.
I just want to make sure before i root and go on a crack-flashing marathon.

Thanks in advance

ViperOne will keep you busy for a while! Works for all variants...
12th May 2014, 10:29 PM   |  #4  
flexfulton's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 316
 
482 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRogerxC

ViperOne will keep you busy for a while! Works for all variants...

I'm looking to just root right now. Are OTA updates from HTC or carriers (Rogers) possible with root?
12th May 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #5  
xRogerxC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Seven Seas
Thanks Meter: 60
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Not with a custom recovery. I suggest running a custom stock ROM. Usually within a couple days, those ROM's are usually updated to include the OTA's.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to xRogerxC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #6  
Dottcent's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Мелитополь
Thanks Meter: 168
 
393 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexfulton

I'm looking to just root right now. Are OTA updates from HTC or carriers (Rogers) possible with root?

Root doesn't affect OTA, make sure you have stock recovery and firmware/system, might have to reroot afterwards 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes