Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,165 Members 38,889 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help installing custom recovery

Tip us?

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullet View Post
warranty bit:0
bootloader rp swrev: 1
Ok. Your bootloader is not unlockable, as I said previously.

Since you can access download mode are you also able to boot into the stock rom? If not, do these steps to get your phone back into working order. If you're planning on selling the phone, just Odin flash VRUCML1 tar and you should be all good. You can not boot into recovery because of whatever attempts you did to unlock the bootloader, which is not possible on TW 4.3 OTAs. I assure you, you have a locked bootloader.

Basically, there is no and (likely will not be) a bootloader exploit for 4.3+. Here is some general info on the status of 4.3 and root/roms.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

RedBullet
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
Ok. Your bootloader is not unlockable, as I said previously.

Since you can access download mode are you also able to boot into the stock rom? If not, do these steps to get your phone back into working order. If you're planning on selling the phone, just Odin flash VRUCML1 tar and you should be all good. You can not boot into recovery because of whatever attempts you did to unlock the bootloader, which is not possible on TW 4.3 OTAs. I assure you, you have a locked bootloader.

Basically, there is no and (likely will not be) a bootloader exploit for 4.3+. Here is some general info on the status of 4.3 and root/roms.
It boots into stock just fine. When it boots the first splash screen says SAMSUNG Custom and shows an unlock symbol.

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullet View Post
It boots into stock just fine. When it boots the first splash screen says SAMSUNG Custom and shows an unlock symbol.
Aight, everything for obtaining root has been laid out already. The presence of the lock symbol on boot only symbolizes that there was some modification that wasn't reset before the phone was last restored to stock. It's nothing more than that, although it is harmless. It is not an indication of an unlocked bootloader. If it was, you would not receive that error with Odin when flashing a custom recovery (assuming it was meant for Verizon S3 of course). With Safestrap installed, only TouchWiz 4.3 VRUCML1 roms can be flashed. This means no AOSP, at all.

If you just want to see about getting a working stock recovery again, try Odin flashing the VRUCML1 tar. This will wipe the phone again and should restore the stock recovery. It may also get rid of the lock symbol but that's probably beyond the scope of what can be done once on the official 4.3 OTAs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable