Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,213 Members 39,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I really loved private mode but

Tip us?

mhassanz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Question I really loved private mode but

I really liked private mode on this cellphone, but last night I just root my device for first time tripped my Knox and install the custom Rom project infinity latest one. Guess what? I can't use my private mode now. They said any rom with
Deoxide will not support private mode.So what should I do now? Should I un root my device back to stock? Or is there any other Rom or fix here?

muzhik
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
^^^

Private mode doesn't work on deodexed ROMs, which seems like most of custom ROMs are deodexed. You can try to go back to stock and see if that fixed your problem, I've heard mix reviews about private mode working after KNOX been tripped.

-- got cloud?! get 20gb free cloud storage

Towle
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1844
Private mode will work with Knox tripped and while rooted. Deodexed roms break it and so does xposed. If you go back to your stock rooted rom, it'll work again.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. … We need not wait to see what others do.” -Gandhi
The Following User Says Thank You to Towle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]